Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

I had a look at the advert. She's outwardly attractive, but very basic inside, would perhaps suit a solo bloke. I seem to remember that there's no way through to the back without going outside. Would perhaps suit a hardy solo bloke.

Going back to the old Dutch barge in Kings Cross - I went past it today and took a couple of close-up photos. It is "in need of TLC" I would say and somewhat large for the cut with a slightly enormous wheelhouse but might be a bargain for someone?

IMG_20151020_112729691_zpszzk5dto3.jpg

IMG_20151020_112701642_zpsxnfi3pif.jpg

I assume she came by water and wheelhouse was added in situ. May have been craned in I suppose but unlikely and would be a massive headache to remove if it doesn't fit through the locks :banghead:

Anyway advert says no engine but clearly had one once - lovely big exhaust hole I expect it had a big kromhout or something

Needs to be gone by January 16 apparently

https://m.apolloduck.com/feature.phtml?id=418073

Edited by magnetman

45ft of Ex Thomas Clayton boat. Nurser built according to the canalplan boat listing.

An interesting one as the buyer has to lift the boat out of the steel pontoon it is currently stored in.

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/45FT-NARROW-WOOD-BOAT-PROJECT-SPARE-REPAIR-BOAT-IS-STORED-AT-CANVEY-ISLAND-/321898023542?hash=item4af29e0a76:g:n1gAAOSwl9BWJXNf

I'd love to think that was what left of Ohio, but we're pretty sure shes long gone :-( (she was cut in two on the erewash canal, this I last saw in the water near Shardlow).

seeing as this is now for sale I guess the old boy has been forced in to land base accomendation, or worse :-( shame has he had this from the year dot!

Jay

Going back to the old Dutch barge in Kings Cross - I went past it today and took a couple of close-up photos. It is "in need of TLC" I would say and somewhat large for the cut with a slightly enormous wheelhouse but might be a bargain for someone?

IMG_20151020_112729691_zpszzk5dto3.jpg

IMG_20151020_112701642_zpsxnfi3pif.jpg

I assume she came by water and wheelhouse was added in situ. May have been craned in I suppose but unlikely and would be a massive headache to remove if it doesn't fit through the locks frusty.gif

Anyway advert says no engine but clearly had one once - lovely big exhaust hole I expect it had a big kromhout or something

Needs to be gone by January 16 apparently

https://m.apolloduck.com/feature.phtml?id=418073

i would love herhug.gif just looks a nice boat and would fit on the moorings here a nice lorry engine would do her well

I'd love to think that was what left of Ohio, but we're pretty sure shes long gone :-( (she was cut in two on the erewash canal, this I last saw in the water near Shardlow).

seeing as this is now for sale I guess the old boy has been forced in to land base accomendation, or worse :-( shame has he had this from the year dot!

Jay

I belive he passed away and I can't recall the name but she isn't Ohio. Edited by FMC Ling 317

The ad states it's in London. However the bridge in the background looks like it's on the Hamble. The bridge may be the M27.

Rochester I think on the medway

i would love herhug.gif just looks a nice boat and would fit on the moorings here a nice lorry engine would do her well

I agree and she would fit on my mooring which is only 5 hours away by pusher tug but I already have a barge which I am rather keen on :lol:

Definitely going to be a deal for someone if it has to go by January. 5 or 6 pot Gardner would be my engine choice for that boat :)