Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Good Heavens! Emerald, advertised for sale on Friday, was sold yesterday. Those bods at ABNB don't hang about. I got this news from the owners when I phoned about the boat just now.

Sod 'em....retreats into corner, muttering darkly...

I do like Emerald. The sleeping arrangements are a little 'not the norm' though. Bloomin' good price in my opinion.

Would yer, if you could? Mike.

Martyn

I could, or more precisely I could have, if there had been time (and of course if Mrs. Athy had approved). I have admired the boat since I first saw her moored in March about nine years ago.

The sleeping cabin is cosy and well appointed, and more spacious than you might think, I have been in it!

It is ten grand more than it was a year ago, though it has had blacking, exterior repaint and engine attention during that time. The owners tell me that they were not intending to sell it but that they have just bought a steam narrowboat and don't have room for both!

Sounds really inexpensive. Is the date of registration correct?

I think we met this boat when it was coming up Napton a couple of years ago. But as you say the owners weren't going to sell etc. the owners of the boat we met said they were thinking of selling the following year. Maybe not the same boat.

Someone has a nice boat there.

Martyn

Well, the current owners bought her only in spring this year. If you remember, she appeared in this thread, lying at Whilton and looking somewhat dowdy (fitted in well, some might say).

Hot news: ABNB have just informed me that she has NOT been sold!

Well in my view that ridiculous JP3 in the back should be removed and the steam boiler and engine whipped out of their new old steam boat and installed in the main cabin of the EMERALD, and a proper back cabin re-instated.

Stands to reason, dunnit!

Well, the current owners bought her only in spring this year. If you remember, she appeared in this thread, lying at Whilton and looking somewhat dowdy (fitted in well, some might say).

Hot news: ABNB have just informed me that she has NOT been sold!

not the same one then. The one we met was really really tidy.

Stop Press. Purple Trojan goes on sale soon! Perhaps.

not the same one then. The one we met was really really tidy.

Stop Press. Purple Trojan goes on sale soon! Perhaps.

So where IS the purple TROJAN at the moment then? I cruised through Cropredy yesterday and still gone from her mooring...

Only kidding, sitting there safe and sound really ;)

My initial thoughts were PJ2, though they don't all appear to look the same, when I Google for images.

I certainly isn't a PD2!

That is a Bantock built boat possibly from the GWR fleet, later build without wooden lower strake to my eyes.

I'm intrigued by this, as it is not like anything I have seen described as a Bantock before.

Do we think this is the "front end"of a BCN boat, ot did it start life as the "back end"?

Edited by alan_fincher

writing-a-cheque-360.jpg?

? Not sure what you are getting at, Alan.

Yes, I had my cheque book at the ready, but a phone call to ABNB just now confirms that Emerald has been sold, yesterday in fact. Hmm, I'll have to think of somewhere else to go this weekend, I'd intended to go and view.

How is it that some very nice boats which I don't want hang around for months, whereas this one has sold in just over a weekend?

? Not sure what you are getting at, Alan.

Yes, I had my cheque book at the ready, but a phone call to ABNB just now confirms that Emerald has been sold, yesterday in fact. Hmm, I'll have to think of somewhere else to go this weekend, I'd intended to go and view.

How is it that some very nice boats which I don't want hang around for months, whereas this one has sold in just over a weekend?

My cheque book comment was based on what I quoted namely that you said ABNB said it had NOT been sold...

It seems it now has......

My cheque book comment was based on what I quoted namely that you said ABNB said it had NOT been sold...

It seems it now has......

Yep, back to the drawing board - a feeling which I think you experienced frequently over the couple of years before Flamingo joined your family!