Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

An unusually large number of historic boats on the open market at the moment.

Often they don't get publicly advertised.

These are I think all fairly recent additions....

Butty "Taurus" (Price includes "Free" Roger Fuller motor "Snipe"! - Hotel boats)

"Andromeda"

"Lancing" (Trip Boat)

"Sharpness"

These have all been around a while, I think - try an offer!

"Cambourne"

"Hawkesbury"

"Bletchley" & "Argus"

Butty "Lyra"

"Seaford"

"Mountbatten" & "Jellicoe"

• Greenie 1

An unusually large number of historic boats on the open market at the moment.

Often they don't get publicly advertised.

These are I think all fairly recent additions....

Butty "Taurus" (Price includes "Free" Roger Fuller motor "Snipe"! - Hotel boats)

That TAURUS is actually the CRATER, and when rebottomed it had the hull sides cut down and knees cut off to avoid refooting, so the description of being done in 'original style' is a bit misleading.

Yours truly put the conversion cabin on, but had nothing to do with the rebottoming.

Tim

Surprising that Mountbatten & Jellicoe have not sold, as they were a thriving coal business which I would have thought that somebody would be keen to take over - unless perhaps Mr. & Mrs. Batchelor are holding out for a really good price.

I think they stopped trading for too long to have any "goodwill" to pass on, other traders having covered their patch for some time now.

I see Peter Hawker is now prepared to slit the pair, and "Bletchley" and "Argus" are listed seperately on the Duck now.....

"Bletchley" at £36K

"Argus" £26K

I can firmly remember when if you had divided those numbers by 10, it would still have been expensive!

EDITED TO ADD:

Mind you they do seem to be priced at £62K bought individually but OIRO £55K as a pair.........................

Edited by alan_fincher

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to tell really is the price reflecting its rarity or the overall quality of the boat.and would that mooring come with the boat or just a place it happens to be when photographed.nice boat from what i can see in the picture.

Good to see that it comes with a horse for when that unreliable old engine breaks down, too.

Nice isn't it. If I was looking for a boat to live on I would be straight over to have a look.

Don't think I'd be allowed to go and look at this - I know what happened when I went to see at the last one on the basis of "well it can't hurt to just go and take a look...."!

I've never been inside a conversion of a Royalty boat, but one imagines with such very deep hull sides, resulting in a shallow cabin on top, they must give just about the maximum live-aboard space inside that you can get from converting a working boat. (No doubt that will cause James or Amy "Duck" to point out that the same applies to their "Severner" Willow.

Duke does look a bit of beast - I do like these boats!

Duke does look a bit of beast - I do like these boats!

Imposing indeed - and probably on my list of things which I would least like to meet coming through a bridge 'ole, on narrow canals at least (a hippo would be top of the list, fortunately one encounters them but seldom on the Oxford).