Some people just cannot moor up .....

zenataomm

Featured Posts

I was down at the Rugby VMs this afternoon.

There's usually something going on and today I was kept entertained watching an old bloke faffing about for a good twenty minutes trying to get his boat alongside the water point.

He went back, he went forward, he rammed the bank, he nearly took his wheel house off at one point!

And then, after he finally made it, did he use the water point? Nope!

Honestly some people!

thumbnail_WP_20180925_15_18_58_Pro[1].jpg

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

I was down at the Rugby VMs this afternoon.

There's usually something going on and today I was kept entertained watching an old bloke faffing about for a good twenty minutes trying to get his boat alongside the water point.

He went back, he went forward, he rammed the bank, he nearly took his wheel house off at one point!

And then, after he finally made it, did he use the water point? Nope!

Honestly some people!

thumbnail_WP_20180925_15_18_58_Pro[1].jpg

Probably found his hose was the long enough to reach the tap on the giant water point column ?

1 minute ago, pete.i said:

Oh look another "expert" who sat there watching and, probably, having a giggle at someone else's  misfortunes and then posts it on a public forum as much as to say, "I could have done it. This is too easy. Why can't anyone else do it?"  

I just hope I never have to meet any you "experts".

What!!

1 minute ago, pete.i said:

Oh look another "expert" who sat there watching and, probably, having a giggle at someone else's  misfortunes and then posts it on a public forum as much as to say, "I could have done it. This is too easy. Why can't anyone else do it?"  

Could be worse. He could be naming and shaming the boats owner for not having CaRT licences on display on each side of the boat, in contravention of the licence conditions. Unless they are to scale licences of course, in which case you would need a macro lens to see them.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, pete.i said:

Yeah, he could at least of lent a hand pulling her in. 

12 minutes ago, pete.i said:

Tee-hee.:clapping:

5 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Just to say that I accidentally gave a greenie to pete.i.'s post when what I really wanted was the 'p***ing myself laughing symbol. Sorry!

You should be able to delete the greeno and substitute the emoticon of your choice.

Edited by Athy

1 hour ago, pete.i said:

Looks like you've got your "those who think they know everything about the canals are annoying those of us who do" head on.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pete.i said:

I believe you are one of the new breed of "offended" people. You see reason to be offended, not only yourself, but also in sympathy for others, even if they don't feel offended....

."Thats awful, don't you think so....

No, not really.........

But it IS, you should be offended and complain....

but everythings Ok, I dont feel offended........

My goodness, people like you really need to sort yourself out, I'm offended you are not offended about it..."

:P

anyhow, I cant see a centre line so how was he supposed to moor up properly on his own.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, haza said:

well pete i .. did you not know you are not allowed an opinion ..now go and sit down and please keep your thoughts to yourself ,,,

oh and welcome to the new breed

Can't believe all this fuss about a model boat (shakes head and walks away)

Phil 

3 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

No, pete.i had a sense of humour bypass operation recently.

It was a complete success.

I don't think so. Pete was obviously joking, I for one appreciated his humour.

Whats all the Faffing about  kneel down lift out boat top up water if required place boat back in cut motor off you leisure boaters don't half make hard work of it centre lines & all that poncing about & before any one gets offended & the hump it's a wind up ?