Another canal side property for sale

emm

Featured Posts

On 17/11/2023 at 12:53, David Mack said:

Long offside canal frontage with potential mooring, and they don't even mention it! I see there is a canoe in the garden suggesting the current owners have made some use of the water.

The gardens and potential moorings would be compromised by the continuous moorers opposite on the towpath, especially since the towpath improvements.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/09/2021 at 11:51, Mrs_A said:

Looks a bit different now

DSCF8763

On 22/12/2023 at 17:24, ditchcrawler said:

Looks a bit different now

DSCF8763

Photos look hazy, hopefully it is because the agent has removed the property from the market and not because of the wood stove and generator smoke being emitted from the nearby moorings... 🤣

• Happy 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

Presumably the boater's facilities will be lost then?

There are WC facilities contained in the building and accessed from the towpath. A long lease of these facilities will be granted to the seller on completion. See the legal pack for further details.

So presumably not ...

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, TheBiscuits said:

A long lease of these facilities will be granted to the seller on completion. See the legal pack for further details.

And to find out the terms of the lease (e.g. length, which bits of the building are included/excluded etc) one has to register and create an account. Quite hostile to casual interest. 

2 hours ago, MtB said:

Quite hostile to casual interest. 

But the website exists for those interested in buying the building, not 'casual interest'.

The question about the future of the boater facilities would be better addressed to CRT.

Edited by David Mack

4 hours ago, David Mack said:

But the website exists for those interested in buying the building, not 'casual interest'.

The question about the future of the boater facilities would be better addressed to CRT.

I was casually interested in buying the building!

But as the details of the lease are a secret, I no longer am.

10 minutes ago, Poster girl said:

The monthly repayments are more than some many people earn in a year! 

At £22,129 per month, and minimum wage increasing to £11.44 in April, you would need to work over 37hrs per week for 52 weeks of the year to make that in gross before NI, tax etc. 

I hate these awful ugly things they put by the River. It shouldn't be allowed. There are some very pretty and classy old houses in that reach. This 'contemporary' thing is just nasty. 

Happens all the time. 

The River itself is such an attractive environment you just don't want ugly buildings. Its wrong. 

A bit of a celebrity area round there including the late disgraced do you know what it is yet TV geyser. 

7 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

And flood insurance?

:unsure:

Its not too bad there because it is protected by the Maidenhead, Windsor and Eton flood alleviation scheme aka the Jubilee river. It can still flood but by diverting up to 180 tonnes a second down the Jubilee (if the intake stream at Taplow is clean) the Bray reach is fairly well protected. 

Obviously if there is a significant flood event then there can be problems but most of the trouble is heaped on other people downstream of Eton when the combined volumes going through Jubilee and Thames come together. 

Taplow gates were shifting 160 cumecs this week and Maidenhead around 175 cumecs. 

There has been a bit of water but that house in the advert won't have been affected. 

Edited by magnetman

12 hours ago, magnetman said:

I hate these awful ugly things they put by the River. It shouldn't be allowed. There are some very pretty and classy old houses in that reach. This 'contemporary' thing is just nasty. 

Happens all the time. 

The River itself is such an attractive environment you just don't want ugly buildings. Its wrong. 

A bit of a celebrity area round there including the late disgraced do you know what it is yet TV geyser. 

I thought that too. I'd be inclined to knock it down and build myself a field on the site. 

Nice location.