I know I suggested the oil analysis, as being an indicator of engine wear, but @Tony Brooks thinks it wont be worthwhile. I bought my Isuzu which very clearly needed an oil change, but I wonder if the hours since last oil change, assuming its the correct spec, would affect the result, I mean if it has not been changed for 750 hours, would it not have more metal or carbon residues? Is it really £50 for a pump out, even assuming London prices? I would always have a small cassette, or even a medium size one . Im assuming that if you fill up water every two to three weeks, visiting a service station. you could cut back on pump outs? Living on a boat requires various lifestyle adaptations. Generally power generation. I would rather move the boat weekly than run it out of gear for eight hours on a weekend.