Looking behind you !

Karen Lea Rainey

Featured Posts

Just ended a 6 day cruise down the cov and up the ashby to sutto wharf, i noticed that when we pass a boat coming in the opposite direction, the person on the stern always turns round about 5 seconds after passing. You could literally count the 5 seconds and watch them turn around, it got me thinking we were towing something, there was something to look at but it happens to all boaters.

Is it courtesy, to see your ok or is it just habit, everyone seems to do it, why?.

You can answer it yourself, you must do it also to see them doing it.

Well, quite. I always like to survey the disasters I have left in my wake

Richard

like most women car drivers do lol.

• Greenie 1

Just ended a 6 day cruise down the cov and up the ashby to sutto wharf, i noticed that when we pass a boat coming in the opposite direction, the person on the stern always turns round about 5 seconds after passing. You could literally count the 5 seconds and watch them turn around, it got me thinking we were towing something, there was something to look at but it happens to all boaters.

Is it courtesy, to see your ok or is it just habit, everyone seems to do it, why?.

Are they looking for your water-skier?

If someone coming towards you looks behind BEFORE he passes, beware that there is likely to be a following boat; even though he does not warn you.

Although I always look behind to double check that there ISN'T a boat behind me that I need to warn him about!

George ex nb Alton retired