Time for an update here i think.
Now then that transom plate. I think its aluminium. At the minute its part or a transom repair. It has been done well but not properly or thery wouldnt of plated it if it a repair. It has been donw a while ago i reckon, has been resined over aswell.
On the inside you can see where it has been sort of done. Original gussets kept inplace.
Still not the best repair IMO for this kind f boat.
I dont know why but for a soggy back end has been replaced some time. The repair is solid from i have found up to now. I think they have cut out the bad and added new and then instead of laminating over the repair on the outside they have plated it. or done both to save doing a good finish.That will be found out once the drives are off and i remove the plate to see behind as to what has been done.The windows i am looking forward to doing,They are trimmed on the inside with a hardwood frame that the all frames bolt to. I hope i can save the curved section as save me steaming more frames up.I think its just a matter as other windows i have done, strip back clean reseal then stick um back in,
Only pain is if the screws on the frame brackets are seized. aslong as i can get the screws out be reat, i can make new brackets.Soo full steam ahead
Ok i think i have decided first steps on this project.I need the engines out first, then to lift the boat off the trailer. I built this gantry last year for something and as it goes its about 50mm to narrow to get over the stern of the boat. I cant expect anything less hey.
So plan, widen it by 600mm this will give enough room to also lift the boat after engines are out. I say lift as in stern first and chock and prop then the 3/4 way down to the bow. and same as
And well, i ma still struggling to do things but bit by bit i am doing stuff. Plan is to get he engines out first but i need to widen the gantry first to get it over the stern to lift them out. I was going t o mod the gantry today but not doing good so i started on these props for when its lifted.Easy enough. I used some old large axle stands and got mini Acro`s along with some fittings we make at work that are scrappers. so bin diving it was in t he works scrap bin.[
Trim here and there
Thes eare the fittings i got out the scrap bin, slight modification of the base plate and weld it back up. Just slit it with a laser cutting blade
Then these go in the end of a tube welded onto the axle stand to create apivot.
.Then ply pad yet to be covered.
And there we go.
Ill do the others as and when but i really want to get the engines out next.so going slow but atleast its keeping me going
Now i am not one for bodging but with how things are i was tempted to use a wood hardener to fix some rotten areas. So after work today i though i should go in with a screw driver and chisel in hand and see what we are looking at close up.And to my joy its not as bad first thought. The main bulkhead is rotten though and will be coming out and replacing with either new ply or GRP one.The rest is all but for a few square inch which is rotten at bottom of a cupboard.this is the bulkhead, rotten through
also at the bottom
Now the rest you will see is just the top veneer that has come away where the condensation has got to it.
Once the veneer was removed
Feel real motivated now Me and T will see what we can get done now asap. if i could get the starter motors off i would try the engines in situ but to painfull so they are defo coming out to be set up and sorted.bring on 2022
I got the drives off this weekend. i didnt get many pics sorry as struggling.I wanted to run the engines with drives fitted but as one engine is locked and the other i just couldnt be bothered i just removed the drives in time to remove the engines asap.Drives feel good, select gear easy and no play to be found in them.Although these are in not bad nick but for the flaps they will be replaced with new as all other stuff.Up to now all bolts come out easy...ish.
I have a shopping list here for all new engine bits n bobs for these Fury engines but first i will be getting the Merc OM636 running and selling that on in running order now. Sick of folk asking about it and offering scrap money. So if i sell that then that will fund the rebuild of the AQ130`s.