Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Boated through Loughborough for the first time for a few months at the weekend. Mecca is back on its home mooring at Bishops Meadow. It has a for sale sign on it and Boat Finders phone number.http://www.boatfinderbrokerage.co.uk/boat/120004/

It looks a lovely boat for someone - the price has dropped but I can't remember what it was originally for sale at.

Mecca's next on the list of boats I'm eyeing up, should a survey on Clypeus (http://www.alvecotemarina.co.uk/narrowcraft/brokerage/for-sale/clypeus) turn up something dreadful. smile.png

Edited by pipistrelle

It does indeed look like a lovely boat above the water, thanks!

It (probably) needs a new backcabin stove, four leaky windows replacing and some remedial woodwork and will be due for a repaint & new cloths soon, but the important bits (what we've seen) are in good nick and the lovely chaps from Brinklow have also looked over it for us. The 'gap' you mention is also a big plus for me since when cruising we have a smelly dog aboard and it'll be nice to restrict his access to the main cabin. I think the engine is the most exciting thing, though - not that I'm an expert, but it's beautiful and makes a lovely noise. :D

It does indeed look like a lovely boat above the water, thanks!

It (probably) needs a new backcabin stove, four leaky windows replacing and some remedial woodwork and will be due for a repaint & new cloths soon, but the important bits (what we've seen) are in good nick and the lovely chaps from Brinklow have also looked over it for us. The 'gap' you mention is also a big plus for me since when cruising we have a smelly dog aboard and it'll be nice to restrict his access to the main cabin. I think the engine is the most exciting thing, though - not that I'm an expert, but it's beautiful and makes a lovely noise. :D

Surely you mean restrict his access to just the main cabin? The back cabin and engine room are the rooms that need looking after!

Mecca is a very very different boat

When we sold it it was oiled wood and axminister carpets, not a smelly dog boat

Course that was in 2005 and I keep thinking of buying it back

I think it's aged a bit and when I saw it last year the paint hadn't been tougher since I had it.

Look for rust on the back cabin roof particularly around the stove, the rain used to pool, there.

45ft of Ex Thomas Clayton boat. Nurser built according to the canalplan boat listing.

An interesting one as the buyer has to lift the boat out of the steel pontoon it is currently stored in.

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/45FT-NARROW-WOOD-BOAT-PROJECT-SPARE-REPAIR-BOAT-IS-STORED-AT-CANVEY-ISLAND-/321898023542?hash=item4af29e0a76:g:n1gAAOSwl9BWJXNf

Back on Ebay again http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/45ft-Narrow-Wood-BOAT-project-spare-repair-located-Canvey-Island-SS8-0QT-ESSEX-/321933721639?hash=item4af4bec027:g:0dEAAOSw7FRWWfI~

Mecca's next on the list of boats I'm eyeing up, should a survey on Clypeus (http://www.alvecotemarina.co.uk/narrowcraft/brokerage/for-sale/clypeus) turn up something dreadful. smile.png

How did the survey go then Pipistrelle? Looks like a boat with potential! I notice it says 'deposit paid' on their website but know the survey might not have been done yet as we bought our small Woolwich from Narrowcraft at Alvecote earlier this year. Steve Hands was our surveyor, though we were more than half expecting bad news!!

Ian.

That boat has quite a bit of "wow" about it.

Surprises to see that the engine is an Albion, as I did not know that they made their own - or was it built by another company and badged as an Albion when it was installed in the lorry?

That boat has quite a bit of "wow" about it.

Surprises to see that the engine is an Albion, as I did not know that they made their own - or was it built by another company and badged as an Albion when it was installed in the lorry?

Probably depends on the age of the motor IIRC Leyland took them over in 1950 so possibley rebadged Leyland

Pure nosiness, (I'm not looking to buy more!), but I think all of the following have now ceased to appear as for sale.....

Beaulieu

Ling

Sudbury

Does anybody know if any of these have found new owners please.....