Another canal side property for sale

emm

Featured Posts

15 minutes ago, magnetman said:

• Boaters Sanitation Station sold off on a new 99 year lease from completion

I wonder who would buy a boaters sanity station? What does this mean? 

It seems to be a liability not an asset to my rather simple mind. 

It is confusing, but if you look at the rest of the sales particulars it is explained. It should really say "CRT are to retain a 99 year lease on the sanitary station"

yes it seems that whats on offer is a 999 year lease for a steel framed warehouse, an old stable block, something with 115Years of  lease to run and a sanitary station with 99 yr lease to run.  oh and you have a liability of over £2K a year to discharge water into the canal or something.  

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, jonesthenuke said:

Gothersley lock cottage on the Staff and Worcs is for sale, though the title "cottage" is somewhat understating the nature of the property.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/145218935#/?channel=RES_BUY

Claims to be a former lock cottage, but it isn't actually alongside the lock. So was it a lock cottage?

2 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Claims to be a former lock cottage, but it isn't actually alongside the lock. So was it a lock cottage?

I doubt it, all the Staffs and Worcs lock cottage locations that I know of are alongside the lock.

5 hours ago, Tim Lewis said:

I seem to remember that this one was referenced a short while back with the caution that it has no immediate road access.

8 hours ago, David Mack said:

From the details :

The property was originally a former lock cottage on the Staffordshire and Worcestershire canal. It has been substantially extended and over the years to form the current house. Internally there are some original parts with timber frame work still visible internally. The property offers lots of opportunities for not only family living but scope for multi-generational living and ample opportunity to work from home.

Maybe the lockie had to 'walk to work.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

3 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I doubt you would get permission to routinely use this route 

image.png.0d174518972cfd36aa034387bef665dd.png

The former lockie used to get his mower through OK so maybe a large mobility scooter could be pressed into service.

2 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

The former lockie used to get his mower through OK so maybe a large mobility scooter could be pressed into service.

You could get a Mobility scooter down from the bridge, The finger went wobbly with the line.

image.png.6a75ad932da58a9975f13636f4ed3bac.png

4 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

You could get a Mobility scooter down from the bridge, The finger went wobbly with the line.

image.png.6a75ad932da58a9975f13636f4ed3bac.png

Nah, that's how mobility chariots steer normally!  Glad to see you dumped him in the lock on the way past.

• Haha 2

Atherstone from 1976 looks like the lock cottage never had good access. The hat factory was still going then but I’ve lost my clowboy hat as Arther Bray called them

IMG_1737.jpeg

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

From the details :

The property was originally a former lock cottage on the Staffordshire and Worcestershire canal. It has been substantially extended and over the years to form the current house. Internally there are some original parts with timber frame work still visible internally. The property offers lots of opportunities for not only family living but scope for multi-generational living and ample opportunity to work from home.

Maybe the lockie had to 'walk to work.

I know it says that. And I don't doubt that this is an older building much extended. But it just isn't in the right location to have been a lock cottage. Hence my question whether it actually was one.

On 05/03/2024 at 18:13, Cheshire cat said:

It was sold last summer. The volunteer lockies said it was sold for 95K if I remember correctly and the buyer was planning to use it for AirBNB

I had thought that too, It doesn’t seem to feature in sold properties in Atherstone on Zoopla. Perhaps the sale fell through in the end?