Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, haggis said:

You would have to get the paper from the loo to the fire before you could burn it. This means handling it at some point. Reminds me of the sanitary arrangements in Greece where there was a container (not often one with a lid on ) where the used paper was put. I found it pretty disgusting and I would rather dispose of used paper as near the source and as quickly as possible ! 

haggis

I had identical thoughts on reading this. Suspect plastic bags would be used with obvious issues.

The reference to Greece reminded me of when we sailed There. Trooping up to the bar/taverna with a plastic bag. It was whisked away by the waiter who promptly took your food order.:closedeyes:   

 

 

Frank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, haggis said:

You would have to get the paper from the loo to the fire before you could burn it. This means handling it at some point. Reminds me of the sanitary arrangements in Greece where there was a container (not often one with a lid on ) where the used paper was put. I found it pretty disgusting and I would rather dispose of used paper as near the source and as quickly as possible ! 

haggis

Yes, I have to say that I found the Greek sanitary arrangements a bit off-putting, particularly on a hot day with flies buzzing around around the bin with the used paper:sick:. The guy that we hired our boat from insisted that the reason that they do this is because their waste is carried in small calibre pipes, he couldn't think of an answer when I asked him if they only passed small calibre turds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Hurley said:

You might want to block the holes before compressing used toilet paper😃

Anyone else remember the playdoh mop top barber shop?

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSn2PWkGT99Zs_WQSY6ln4

Edited by TheBiscuits
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

Yes, I have to say that I found the Greek sanitary arrangements a bit off-putting, particularly on a hot day with flies buzzing around around the bin with the used paper:sick:. The guy that we hired our boat from insisted that the reason that they do this is because their waste is carried in small calibre pipes, he couldn't think of an answer when I asked him if they only passed small calibre turds.

Out here in the Balkans thats standard, paper bin in every toilet, just clean it everyday, and yes pipes are small bore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was always told that the French invented the toilet but it was the Brits that invented the hole in the top.   😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

Depends what it has been used for, obviously.

I suspect that the majority of toilet paper gets used by the ladies to dry their fanny . Provided you are not wanting to start your fire using it then it would burn no problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Troyboy said:

I suspect that the majority of toilet paper gets used by the ladies to dry their fanny . Provided you are not wanting to start your fire using it then it would burn no problem. 

Guess it would depend on what they have been Drinking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

"The dance of the flaming ars*holes". 

 

I'm not even going to look for a youtube link for that one, but many rugby players will be all too happy to demonstrate if you give them beer, loo roll and a lighter.

Loo roll! Nah! Rolled up newspaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

Yes, I have to say that I found the Greek sanitary arrangements a bit off-putting, particularly on a hot day with flies buzzing around around the bin with the used paper:sick:. The guy that we hired our boat from insisted that the reason that they do this is because their waste is carried in small calibre pipes, he couldn't think of an answer when I asked him if they only passed small calibre turds.

Maybe they Polished the Turds prior to Launch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hummm adds a whole new meaning after reading this,

Put another log on the fire. 🤣

 

Paper and a macerator is ok in small amounts but when you forget to tell the children that you can be picking it out for ages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.