Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Isnt hardy a butty? Or was it converted by barlows

Or have i not found the right boat?

No, Hardy was the last working motor built at Braunston by Nurser's in 1939 and operated by Samuel Barlow.

Hardy the butty was operated by S.E.Barlow.

• 2 weeks later...

I see from the Virginia Currer site that 'France' is no longer listed. I also understand that it was in Braunston for the 'do'. Was this with a new owner? Good that it is out and being used.

Yes,

There with new owner.

Quite a few boats with new owners this year I think, and also quite a few boats probably attending for first time - one of ours in both these categories.

Also some very recent restorations, (e.g. "Gorse").

Nice also to see the Rickmansworth Waterway's Trust's "Roger" on by far the longest outing I have seen it make, and also to see "Sculptor" continuing to make forays away from Stoke Bruerne.

Nice also to see the Rickmansworth Waterway's Trust's "Roger" on by far the longest outing I have seen it make, and also to see "Sculptor" continuing to make forays away from Stoke Bruerne.

And Sculptor will continue to make trips away from Stoke Bruerne as long as I remain involved and CRT are willing to allow us to move their museum exhibit around - keeping it going is all important. More work planned this autumn including new cloths (ordered this week), a strip down and repaint of the roof and then a period at Ellesmere Port after Braunston 2016 for the gunnels to be attended to and an inspection of the keelson.

Jem severn got a seffle very sim coulours to barlows

The Seffle in Severn was the one I fitted to FMC LILY in 1963,Acquired from Willow Wrens Denis Clarke, in several dustbins, & a wheel barrow body, & some big lumps, it was taken out of LILY & replaced by a 20hp gearbox equipped BOLINDER around 2000? by Gary? who lived on FMC butty Squirrel/Kimberly at Bulborne. Jem then acquired the Seffle which was fitted into SEVERN

Still a comedy price, given the mooring agreement could be cancelled at any time by the landlord.

No mention of the rent either, as far as I can see.

I spotted this one this morning. The twin coachlamps, as carried of course by all original working boats, are a giveaway - I am sure it has been offered for sale before. The advertiser does not appear to know its name.

I spotted this one this morning. The twin coachlamps, as carried of course by all original working boats, are a giveaway - I am sure it has been offered for sale before. The advertiser does not appear to know its name.

You pay extra and you get to know the name and keep it.

Anyway the seller is targeting "post code" types.

Edited by mark99

He's also showing one of our old postcards from the BCC collection which from memory is the Birmingham, which that boat is not.

Which all in all indicates to me a highly reliable and believable individual. Count your fingers after shaking hands.

Meaning what exactly?

Aimed at those who want the post code more than the fact they're buying an historical vessel ..... or even a boat if it comes to that.