Fancy a canal side cottage,

Jamboat

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

There are 2 at Saltersford Lock on the Weaver for sale

Lovely cottages and a lovely location. If I wanted to live on the land I would be seriously tempted by these. But now I am totally taken by Todmorden and if I wanted to live on the land then I would live here.

..............Dave

4 minutes ago, dmr said:

Lovely cottages and a lovely location. If I wanted to live on the land I would be seriously tempted by these. But now I am totally taken by Todmorden and if I wanted to live on the land then I would live here.

..............Dave

There is a marina down 1 lock from where you are ...

Edited by TheBiscuits

Just now, TheBiscuits said:

There is a marina down 1 lock from where you are ...

We are not ready to settle down yet, still have our hearts in CCing, but there are a few options on this canal for the future ?.

...............Dave

Canal side cottages .. boaters shouting their way through locks,  fishists rumbling 6 months worth of food and equipment past your door, boaters parking on your access , continuous moorers diesel fumes and woodsmoke and doggists throwing little parcels over the fence...

best off by a cottage away from the canal , to give a different experience.

• Greenie 1

45 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Canal side cottages .. boaters shouting their way through locks,  fishists rumbling 6 months worth of food and equipment past your door, boaters parking on your access , continuous moorers diesel fumes and woodsmoke and doggists throwing little parcels over the fence...

I have to say from the apparently excessive security measures some lock cottages display, I suspect the occasional boater is serious trouble and completely wrecks the dream the owners bought into. 

9 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I have to say from the apparently excessive security measures some lock cottages display, I suspect the occasional boater is serious trouble and completely wrecks the dream the owners bought into. 

10 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

Lordy, Lordy!  the Grundian is at last persuading people to live on land rather than on the water and here you are trying to put them off.  All of the above would apply equally to actually living on the water as to opposed to by the water temporarily moored against the bank;   but let's have a bit of positivity here - and not denigrate boaters as post number 7 suggests. 

We were lucky enough to buy a canalside cottage two years ago I’d had my eye on since I’ve been boating. It was by chance though as it was advertised on Canal Cuttings privately with no For Sale boards etc. It had actually been on the market for months when I spotted it. 

No problems with fishists or doggists up to now, and the only boat that’s been dumped outside for much more than the allotted 48hrs looked suspiciously like ours.. 

2 minutes ago, Alway Swilby said:

Or how about this one https://www.howkinsandharrison.co.uk/properties-for-sale/bedworth/28077937/ . SIX bedrooms, all ensuite! You can moor a 72 metre boat outside!

It's an old pub which had looked closed and sad for years. It is good to see the building revived, even if the interior hovers between the spectacular and the grotesque.

But, if you had a million to spend on your dream home, would you buy it in Bed'orth?

5 minutes ago, Athy said:

It's an old pub which had looked closed and sad for years. It is good to see the building revived, even if the interior hovers between the spectacular and the grotesque.

But, if you had a million to spend on your dream home, would you buy it in Bed'orth?

Quite, it looks horrible from the outside, extremely over developed and it’s in Bedworth.  And before any one says anything I have lived in Bedworth, granted in the late 70’s.  For a million you can even buy something half decent in Solihull.

14 hours ago, dmr said:

..............Dave

That's the only place so far I have fallen in the canal (hopefully but I doubt will be the last) but it hasn't put me off the place, its a lovely town and thankfully has a really good Laundrette!! 

2 hours ago, Athy said:

We had a couple of quite notorious WRG parties in that pub when it was owned by a larger than life waterways character ?

3 hours ago, Athy said:

At least they kept the pool table...

28 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

The Navigation at Bedworth was a no hope pub and in danger of being demolished. I welcomed the conversion, adds a bit of colour and interest to a dreary bit of the Coventry. 

What Charity Dock not enough interest for you ?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Athy said:

For me it stopped hovering when I saw the photos and crashed firmly into grotesque ?