Frozen in - Pumpout full

Ssscrudddy

Featured Posts

Well like the title says, I'm frozen in & the pumpout is full. How the hell am I supposed to take a dump now?!? I knew I should have done it yesterday when it wasnt frozen, but I was busy (playing WoW, plus a few appointments).

popcorn.gif

How far away are you from a chandlers or caravan dealer??

Or a Maccy D's/pub.

Well, this is our first winter full time.

We have read over the past few years about pumpouts being full etc.etc. so, we decided that we would leave the pumpout empty during the risky months and use the porta potty.

Glad we did.

Martyn.

Well like the title says, I'm frozen in & the pumpout is full. How the hell am I supposed to take a dump now?!? I knew I should have done it yesterday when it wasnt frozen, but I was busy (playing WoW, plus a few appointments).

popcorn.gif

Its only for a day or three till you can move again so I would be tempted to use a bucket with a piece of wood or something for a lid. That will save you spending big momey on a portapotti and if you don't fancy using the bucket for another use afterwards you can bin it.

Oh and incense sticks can be a bonus in this situation wink.png

Can't decide if I 100% believe the original poster, its such an obvious thing to do to empty the pump out tank before the chance of being frozen in, or at least monitor it (you can monitor how full it is, right???) BUT assuming its true, then go and buy a porta potti. Even if you "sort yourself out" on this occasion, there may be other occasions where something happens to the pump out loo, like a seal goes, or its water connection goes funny, or the water pump doesn't work etc etc. Its daft not to have some kind of back up plan.

Surely everone has two methods of doing things on a boat :

Two means of heating

Two means of electricity generation

Two means of "toileting"

Even this would get you out of "a mess" and would store in a small corner / cupboard.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bog-in-a-Bag-BoginaBag-Portable-Toilet-Camping-Caravan-Tent-Fishing-/171651159063?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Camping_Accessories&hash=item27f734d417

Thee are even cardboard versions

popcorn.gifP

That is a self inflicted wound. Perhaps this will teach you to plan ahead and get the essential jobs done instead of playing computer games.

Get a small camping cassette loo.

Edited by churchward