Frozen in - Pumpout full

Ssscrudddy

Featured Posts

In case Elsan points are frozen or otherwise out of order, I have a pair of handles to lift the inspection hatch - there will always be one nearby - and then empty the Elsan directly into the septic tank / main drain.

I have (after asking the householder first) used this approach a couple of times on ordinary domestic drains.

I'm blocked at home..cesspit...have opened all manhole covers and yep definitely blocked.

Emergency SOS on insurance is just...9-5 Monday to Friday.....phoning emergency dynarod cannot get anyone until Tuesday.

I don't think this house likes me...Im not very struck on her, our relationship could be said to be going down the pan.......

I'd rather be on the boat...cassettes love them...

Well like the title says, I'm frozen in & the pumpout is full. How the hell am I supposed to take a dump now?!? I knew I should have done it yesterday when it wasnt frozen, but I was busy (playing WoW, plus a few appointments).popcorn.gif

How am I supposed to take a dump now?!?

How about - Use the f'ing porta potti under the well deck - that's what you got it for????

Self pump-outs are frowned upon by some boaters.

The trouble with self pump-outs is they have a reputation for self pumping out all over the floor of the elsans. Lovely. There have been a few threads about it on here, with photos.

There is also a temptation, once the self pump out kit is on board, not to bother with slogging all the way up to the Elsan station...

So I'm told anyway.

MtB

That temptation doesn't stem from owning your own pumpout means. I know more than one boater who chucks it routinely, without his efflux even going via the toilet. I'm not one of them by the way, but I don't half giggle to myself listening to all the arguments. I have the choice, all of the time, or we can last up to a month without any emptying at all.

Regarding mess on the floor, that is a reflection on the type of person using the facility, not his equipment. It's easy to clean up and leave it as you find it. My Dad taught me that years ago, and it always sounded ok.

ETA: It's all about upbringing, isn't it?

Edited by Loafer

Put another cassette in, no one only has one lonely cassette or

put it the boot of the car and take elsewhere or

put on trolley and take it elsewhere etc etc

They rarely freeze up anyway unlike the very few and very far between if ever working pump out machines

Ive never seen anyone carry their twenty ton boat any where else to empty it.........

In my twenty six years this year Ive never had a problem with a proper bog but ooooooooo my god pumpouts are realy a bit of a joke

Wahey .. you're back!. Missed you, no one's said 'Proper Bog ' for months.