On a similar theme, the latest annual safety report from the Port of London Authority.
Some of this information underpins the advice for narrowboaters going on the tideway, for example
"The Breakdowns was a focus of the PLA’s social media during Maritime Safety Week.
• 40% of Inland Waterways breakdowns are caused by debris in the water – mainly ropes. ‘bin it’,
• 18% are caused by electrical faults (wiring and switch faults). ‘check it’,
• 10% by overheating (largely failed water pumps) ‘cool it’,
• 8% by fuel problems (for example blocked filters and contamination) ‘clean it’.
• A fresh campaign will be introduced in 2020 focussing on near miss reporting.?"
If you are short of things to do, there are some alarming websites, with pictures from around the world, of dodgy pilot ladders.