Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Sudbury is nice but it has a modern cabin and internal fitout which to me makes a bit of a difference. An original back cabin is an asset on a historic boat, a step that has been stepped on a lot and that sort of thing.

The owner of Sudbury is a friend of mine and I always told myself I would go for it if he sold it and I am going to have a look .. But i am not sure it has quite enough original parts for the right vibe. its a very nice boat :)

Sudbury is nice but it has a modern cabin and internal fitout which to me makes a bit of a difference. An original back cabin is an asset on a historic boat, a step that has been stepped on a lot and that sort of thing.

The owner of Sudbury is a friend of mine and I always told myself I would go for it if he sold it and I am going to have a look .. But i am not sure it has quite enough original parts for the right vibe. its a very nice boat smile.png

Very few GUCCCo "Northwich" boats retain their original riveted steel cabins - certainly neither of mind do! If you went shopping a Yarwoods GU boat and insisted on original back cabin, you could be looking an awfully long while!

I don't think Sudbury is significantly less "original" than most, is it?

Very few GUCCCo "Northwich" boats retain their original riveted steel cabins - certainly neither of mind do! If you went shopping a Yarwoods GU boat and insisted on original back cabin, you could be looking an awfully long while!

I don't think Sudbury is significantly less "original" than most, is it?

Yes fair points Alan and Sudbury is a nice little boat. The back cabin is very well put together even if not original it is an excellent copy.

Did onionbargee sell Tadworth?

I prefer the cut down boats on balance which is why Sudbury has always appealed to me.

Tadworth is still moored up in same place.

Having heard the other day what a different partially life expired Large Northwich was acquired for, I can't see Tadworth finding a buyer until OB is prepared to be far more flexible on his pricing, frankly.

Having heard the other day what a different partially life expired Large Northwich was acquired for, I can't see Tadworth finding a buyer until OB is prepared to be far more flexible on his pricing, frankly.

Well testament is that it's still there. I noticed recently some cut up boat sections have appeared there too next to Tadworth. Did not have camera handy.

Is it? The engine that is

Richard

It is just an old Lister to me, unless it can be proven to be a marine engine and to have come out of something interesting.

I have the engine serial numbers of most JP2's fitted by 'British Waterways' and 'Barlows' back in the 1950's. I can even suggest where many of these engines are now captain.gif

Reading this back I think I need to get a life ninja.gif

It is just an old Lister to me, unless it can be proven to be a marine engine and to have come out of something interesting.

I have the engine serial numbers of most JP2's fitted by 'British Waterways' and 'Barlows' back in the 1950's. I can even suggest where many of these engines are now :captain:

Reading this back I think I need to get a life :ninja:

It looks like an ordinary JP to me as well, not a marine one

Richard

It looks like an ordinary JP to me as well, not a marine one

Richard

It's not a marine unit....it's also mounted back to front compared to even most industrial JP's with the gearbox driven from what would be the flywheel end on a marine unit....it does give you a forward facing flywheel I suppose but I'm not sure if it causes any other problems...Martyn from MPS would be the best person to advise on that.

Cheers

Gareth

Is that a new listing?

It only changed hands just before the Braunston show, so it is back on the market PDQ if that is a new advert.

George ex nb Alton retired

Yes, newly listed.

Doesn't sound a lot of money, so I assume it might need a fair bit of work, possibly?

Is that a new listing?

It only changed hands just before the Braunston show, so it is back on the market PDQ if that is a new advert.

George ex nb Alton retired

If you look at the broker's website, rather than the linked website it says sold. I spoke to the new owner when he was moored in Stoke Bruerne shortly after Braunston and he said that Gerald was going to Uxbridge for some work.

Don't foget folks that Great Haywood brokerage have a strange habit of listing boats on Apollo Duck that have already been sold.

A recognised selling technique.

List stuff you don't have, at low(ish) prices to get the phone jumping off the hook, then offer the callers a different boat (or whatever you sell) which is rather similar and you DO have, but isn't quite such a bargain.

It's called 'switch selling' in the unethical world of a subset of salesmen and women.