Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Spotted that last night, but as i know somebody who is looking for a shortened 'Town' i tipped them off and decided not to put it on here.

Good - that means I won't have to

Richard

I don't think he really wants to sell them. They are listed under 'Barges' rather than 'Narrow Boats', as 'Vessel type: Product carrier' and 'Model: 72 Traditional'. None of those are terms likely to be used by a potential buyer searching for this type of craft.

The Builder and Make are given as 'Harland And wolf' and 'Harland & Wolff', so he can't even get that the same on two successive lines of the ad!

I don't think he really wants to sell them. They are listed under 'Barges' rather than 'Narrow Boats', as 'Vessel type: Product carrier' and 'Model: 72 Traditional'. None of those are terms likely to be used by a potential buyer searching for this type of craft.

The Builder and Make are given as 'Harland And wolf' and 'Harland & Wolff', so he can't even get that the same on two successive lines of the ad!

And of course, the secrecy about the price.

I think you're right. He (do we know it's a he and not a she?) is going through the motions of selling whilst sending reams of 'not for sale' subtexts. I wonder why they are bothering. Under pressure to 'sell' from a third party perhaps. Just idle speculation.