Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Seems completely reasonable to me that he should expect someone to want to buy the boat without knowing which one. (Not!).

"Excuse me, but please can you tell me which butty it is you are actually selling?"

"Stop wasting my time!"

I think it's a test. Any potential buyer needs to be sufficiently well informed not to need to ask, or he demonstrates himself to be not a 'suitable' buyer.

Or her.

Not a bad way of weeding out the time wasters really, as there must be gazillions of them attracted by the low price a butty is advertised for.

Not a bad way of weeding out the time wasters really, as there must be gazillions of them attracted by the low price a butty is advertised for.

Is that a low price for a butty ?

Seems a "typical" price to me.

Very few unconverted butties seem to sell very easily,or so it seems to me.

Edited by alan_fincher

No, I meant it appears a low price for a boat at all, to the casual observer who has not sussed out that a butty is engine-free!

(Edit to correct an incorrect worm.)

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

Did you email him to ask the name of the boat?

From Apollo ad:

Unconverted large woolwich butty. Ideal for convertion to house boat etc

Midlands area

Please don't email just to find out the name of the boat. Getting fed up of time wasters now

From Apollo ad:

Unconverted large woolwich butty. Ideal for convertion to house boat etc

Midlands area

Please don't email just to find out the name of the boat. Getting fed up of time wasters now

Putting the name of the boat in the ad would certainly cut down the time wasters emailing to find out the name of the boat!!!

Having once been involved in advertising a small woolwich butty with an advert that said something along the lines of .....

1935 small woolwich butty ..... never been converted .... totally original ..... back cabin ...... stove ...... new running gear, box mast,stands, top planks, false cratch, side cloths, bracing chains .... elm bottoms.

.......and then a photo of her being towed out of a narrow lock, it did become tedious only getting responses asking ......

* How many berths?

* What length is it?

* You haven't said what engine or who built the hull, is it a professional fit out?

* How many mm base plate?

* Why mast?

* Would help if you said how old it is. I imagine a shower?

* Where in the photo is it? ...... is it wrong photo?

Needless to say it ended up cut and converted.

That's a forum member's boat.

I don't know Ben well, but am surprised to see it for sale, as he seemed fairly committed to life afloat, and has clearly expended huge effort on Bodmin.

Nice boat! (Repeat "I don't need a butty, I don't need a butty, I..........").

There seems to be no obvious sign of the motor for sale, so assume they are keeping that?

That's a forum member's boat.

I don't know Ben well, but am surprised to see it for sale, as he seemed fairly committed to life afloat, and has clearly expended huge effort on Bodmin.

Nice boat! (Repeat "I don't need a butty, I don't need a butty, I..........").

There seems to be no obvious sign of the motor for sale, so assume they are keeping that?

You do need a Butty, You do need a Butty

Life takes you on different paths! Ours is just going on a different one for a while. Very sad to be selling her

You do need a Butty, You do need a Butty

Life takes you on different paths! Ours is just going on a different one for a while. Very sad to be selling her

"I do NOT need a butty, I do NOT need a butty......"

Actually, I have agreed to be reasonable about this and if a genuine Large Northwich butty comes up for sale, apparently then I can but it! :lol:.

Good luck with selling Bodmin, (not to me though!), and I hope the new path in your life is as enjoyable as your time with Bodmin.

"I do NOT need a butty, I do NOT need a butty......"

Actually, I have agreed to be reasonable about this and if a genuine Large Northwich butty comes up for sale, apparently then I can but it! laugh.png.

Good luck with selling Bodmin, (not to me though!), and I hope the new path in your life is as enjoyable as your time with Bodmin.

Thanks Alan

Ben

Built by "Harrison Brothers" eh? (According to the advert.)

I've never heard of them. Do they mean Harris brothers perhaps?

He probably does but that doesn't look like a Harris bow, more a Bantock later build.