Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

One (crap) photo on an advert for a £200k boat. Words fail me.

And at the asking price I wouldn't have expected a free on picture advert, for God's sake its only £36 for a featured advert. Boats grown too by a foot! As Pete says the mooring is valuable but its not clear if its included.

Has this boat featured on this thread?

Apologies if it has.

http://thesalespontoon.co.uk/For_sale/42/used-fully-fitted-60ft-narrowboat-for-sale-london

Yes, at post 911-ish.

I used to love this boat when it was less long, and had an older Lister in it. Now considerably further stretched, (albeit to perfection by Brinklow Boats), ans with an air cooled HA, it has rather lost its shine for me. (I have HAs but they don't feel right in a boat of this pedigree).

Too much new boat, not enough Tasmania, (although it does at least have a very straight bit in it!).

I would suggest the price will deter most - priced more like an original full length boat with conversion usually comes in at - this is nice, but not terribly "original".

Has this boat featured on this thread?

Apologies if it has.

http://thesalespontoon.co.uk/For_sale/42/used-fully-fitted-60ft-narrowboat-for-sale-london

Yes, at post 911-ish.

I used to love this boat when it was less long, and had an older Lister in it. Now considerably further stretched, (albeit to perfection by Brinklow Boats), ans with an air cooled HA, it has rather lost its shine for me. (I have HAs but they don't feel right in a boat of this pedigree).

Too much new boat, not enough Tasmania, (although it does at least have a very straight bit in it!).

I would suggest the price will deter most - priced more like an original full length boat with conversion usually comes in at - this is nice, but not terribly "original".

At that price I'm rather inclined to utter the (alleged) words of King George V !

Yes, I thought exactly that!

Somebody please buy it and put the poor boat out of its misery.

Carriage Lamps on the front Bulkhead? ...... Top bend gold? ...... Perkins turbo diesel engine?

Where's the chandelier, rally mirrors and Carlos Fandango Racing Stripes?

Somebody please buy it and put the poor boat out of its misery.

Carriage Lamps on the front Bulkhead? ...... Top bend gold? ...... Perkins turbo diesel engine?

Where's the chandelier, rally mirrors and Carlos Fandango Racing Stripes?

It's got a funnel (although I don't know how close to the GU one) and an interesting, rose-themed paint job on the back cabin.

I can't see this one hanging around for long.

Looks a cracking boat, at a cracking price.

If I didn't already own another 40 foot "Grand Union" tug, I'd be in there like a flash.

Sudbury.

(I've got a Willow Wren liveried boat as well, so I can't even use that excuse!.....)

I can't see this one hanging around for long.

Looks a cracking boat, at a cracking price.

If I didn't already own another 40 foot "Grand Union" tug, I'd be in there like a flash.

Sudbury.

(I've got a Willow Wren liveried boat as well, so I can't even use that excuse!.....)

Spotted that last night, but as i know somebody who is looking for a shortened 'Town' i tipped them off and decided not to put it on here. I agree, cracking boat and cracking price. I've passed it several times on the GU and always admired it. If I'd have been looking a straight replacement for Albion when I sold it, i think I'd have been down and and handed the money over for this first thing this morning. It would be a close call between this and VESTA fir being my favourite tug around. Edited by junior