Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

I'd really have loved Tay... but my health isn't the best at the moment and my wife although not scared of a bit of graft knows she can't do everything if I end up in hospital again. I'd have to admit that that's probably a tad unfair. I really do hope Tay goes to someone as dedicated as you need to be to own such a smashing slice of history! 

1 minute ago, midsmatt said:

I'd really have loved Tay... but my health isn't the best at the moment and my wife although not scared of a bit of graft knows she can't do everything if I end up in hospital again. I'd have to admit that that's probably a tad unfair. I really do hope Tay goes to someone as dedicated as you need to be to own such a smashing slice of history! 

I follow the life of Spay and I couldn't even consider putting that much work in every year with nether skill or time

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, zenataomm said:

Aston has a very different tunnel light, is it original?

It's very definitely a BSS fail I would say!

Seriously though, if you are posting a picture of a boat you are trying to sell for shed loads of money, isn't it worth mooring it up somewhere, and removing all the crap from it temporarily before you do your photo-shoot?

2 hours ago, zenataomm said:

Aston has a very different tunnel light, is it original?

28 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Err butty headlight?

3 minutes ago, RLWP said:

The big orange one

Presumably one of those old fashioned headlights that has to be lit with a match - but they don't half glow, but not for long :captain:

18 minutes ago, mark99 said:

Reading through this thread so no specifics....does the word "historic" cancel out fugly?

That cratch cover needs taking out the back and shooting. 

20 hours ago, Cloudinspector said:

The claim that the RN in it was specifically made for the boat seems interesting. Its an Essex made unit and as a former owner of an Essex made RN DM2 I know there was quite a bit of fuss about it but a bit surprised that engines would be custom made. I thought it was a production line.

I quite like the boat and Malcolm Braine did some good conversions. I wonder how it handles. The rear swim may be a bit short.

2 hours ago, magnetman said:

I quite like the boat and Malcolm Braine did some good conversions. I wonder how it handles. The rear swim may be a bit short.

My issue with it is the massive depth of the rear counter that has fairly obviously been done to significantly reduce the depth of the swim, and to give a static draught much smaller than a genuine GUCCCo motor would have actually had.

To my eye it makes the bit that is meant to replicate an engine room and back cabin look far too shallow, and the end result from the back looks nothing like a GUCCCo boat.

It is however one of the few other conversions to emulate our Flamingo's famous "gap" forward of the engine room, with the main accommodation cabin completely detached from the engine room.

Am I imagining it, or is the advertised price now far less than when it was sold to the current owners,  (probably less than 2 years ago, I'm guessing)?

20 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Am I imagining it, or is the advertised price now far less than when it was sold to the current owners,  (probably less than 2 years ago, I'm guessing)?

Yes it was for sale a couple of years ago for £45K.

eta Just looked up the date of the Apolloduck advert - Nov 2016.

Edited by koukouvagia

10 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Funny!

When Baildon was last up for sale in October 2016 you said (post #4206 of this thread):

"I was going to say surely the price is a lot higher than it last sold for"

But I can't see now what the October 2016 asking price was.

And Pete Harrison added:

"Last advertised via Apollo Duck website / Aquaduct Brokerage in February 2016 @ £39950, and was sold in late June or early July 2016."

8 minutes ago, David Mack said:

"Last advertised via Apollo Duck website / Aquaduct Brokerage in February 2016 @ £39950, and was sold in late June or early July 2016."

It was then advertised again in Nov 2016 for £45K with the following note: 

It breaks my heart to sell her as I just bought her this summer and brought her all the way down from Cheshire to live on her in London. But a case of illness in the family makes inevitable for me to leave England.

We had a race down the Weaver with Baildon in 1979 (National waterways festival Northwich), Neptune left her standing, Baildon at the time had a Seffle, the picture shows us breasted up near Winsford with the late David Blagrove at Neptune's helm. Bow picture is from early GUCCC days.

BTW anyone know where "Neptune" is or was?

SBCC MB NEPTUNE RIVER WEAVER D BLAGROVE H HOGG PAIRED AFTER RACE 1979.jpg

GU MB BB BICESTER BAILDON GUC FORE ENDS 1.jpg

it all depends on condition. as more than likely been broken up or are you sure its still called neptune?

although you would have thought it would be seen on the system somewhere even if had a name change.

on the other hand if on the k&a or london then could still be around but lost in the piles of boats.

Edited by billybobbooth

On 4/15/2018 at 13:42, Laurence Hogg said:

We had a race down the Weaver with Baildon in 1979 (National waterways festival Northwich), Neptune left her standing, Baildon at the time had a Seffle, the picture shows us breasted up near Winsford with the late David Blagrove at Neptune's helm. Bow picture is from early GUCCC days.

BTW anyone know where "Neptune" is or was?

SBCC MB NEPTUNE RIVER WEAVER D BLAGROVE H HOGG PAIRED AFTER RACE 1979.jpg

This picture also shows my parents boat Rose of Yorkshire following behind. Is it OK if I put it up on my Facebook page please Laurence? That will surprise my Dad!

• Happy 1