Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, alan_fincher said:

Not sure what this one reduced from (or when).

Now £16K

A big reduction. It was first advertised at £34500.

The sentence "work is required on the base plate" has been added.

Edited by koukouvagia

8 minutes ago, koukouvagia said:

The difference would buy a lot of bottom, and quite a bit of footings as well.

This might well be worth a look, for someone prepared to do a bit of work, but I admit I like Bantocks.

1 hour ago, alan_fincher said:

Not sure what this one reduced from (or when).

Now £16K, but acknowledging needing work on the base plate.  Even with the not very appealing motor, depending on exactly what work is needed, this might be a cheaper way to acquire a full length converted boat than many?

In the water, at least it looks like a reasonable back end grafted on to a rather nice looking, (to my eye!) Bantock hull.

(That said, I've not seen the boat, and it could be an absolute dog!).

But what's this all about?

"Batteries: 12v Domestic: 4 x 6v 3x12v "

A bit of mix and match?

Seems odd that it had a hull survey in 2015 and required works were done. I wonder who required the works ?

Its not a bad boat. I personally think the front deck cants are horrible but its not that serious. Not sure if it was one of he earlier bantocks with the wooden chine plank and bottom but if it was and it had a shoe fitted then this could be the root of the baseplate problem.

Its not a bad counter conversion - above average.

48 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Seems odd that it had a hull survey in 2015 and required works were done. I wonder who required the works ?

Its not a bad boat. I personally think the front deck cants are horrible but its not that serious. Not sure if it was one of he earlier bantocks with the wooden chine plank and bottom but if it was and it had a shoe fitted then this could be the root of the baseplate problem.

Its not a bad counter conversion - above average.

This boat has been owned by two friends of mine, the one before the current owner told me that a rivet popped out of the baseplate (circa 14 years ago), which suggests it may still be the original in place. A nice boat with the hull sides looking in excellent condition above water, the stern is very well executed-but as mentioned above the cants on the bow are bordering on hideous!

11 minutes ago, BWM said:

........but as mentioned above the cants on the bow are bordering on hideous!

Ah - I think I can see what you mean.

Probably why they appear to have only used a distance shot that shows the front.

• Happy 1

1 hour ago, magnetman said:

Not sure if it was one of he earlier bantocks with the wooden chine plank and bottom but if it was and it had a shoe fitted then this could be the root of the baseplate problem.

Looks like a late one to me, but I'm no expert.

The advert says 1925, so if that's even close to correct, it will not be one that had the lower plank, surely?

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Which shows the cants in all they gory!

s-l1600.jpg

Yeh, but it can be changed......

Go on Mike - it's crying out for a proper engine you probably already have!

1 minute ago, alan_fincher said:

Yeh, but it can be changed......

Go on Mike - it's crying out for a proper engine you probably already have!

I've already had the riveted iron bottom replaced on another boat, which this one appears to need too!

But you're right, I do have a suitable engine lying around...

27 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

At least they draw one's attention away from the very stylish cratch cover. 

It's metal underneath with portholes, I believe. A good buy at that price, the hull is very straight, with hardly any wear to rivets and none of the dubious looking plates that are seen on many Bantocks.

3 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I've already had the riveted iron bottom replaced on another boat, which this one appears to need too!

But you're right, I do have a suitable engine lying around...

I remember REBECCA in the early 1980's when it tied at Tardebigge Old Wharf and had a Lister JP6 (yes I know, I have mentioned this before) :captain:

6 hours ago, koukouvagia said:

The sentence "work is required on the base plate" has been added.

REBECCA was advertised in September 2017 at £34500, but it had previously been advertised in July 2017 at £38500 and in need of T.L.C..

edit - This boat beats my theory of boats realising 66% of the original asking price as it is already down to 50%, and clearly the problem with its bottoms would have been present when advertised 9 months ago :captain:

Edited by pete harrison

9 hours ago, Captain Pegg said:

It seems TAY has sold. ABNB site shows a deposit has been received.

i thought it might as was on dock just before easter and dont think it had any or much work done as wasnt blacked that long ago.

It would be nice to see Tay out and about every now and then... I do hope it's not a mothball job! 

Came across this completely by chance... Not sure if it's been for sale before recently? 

https://www.gumtree.com/p/boats-kayaks-jet-skis/historic-narrowboat-named-aston-1937-solid-iron-steel-hull-72ft-long-7ft-internal-headspace/1294234797

yes been for sale for a while now aston. tay is a lovely boat was just too much money for me other wise i would have made more of an intrest although the engine would have had to come out for something older for me but she is a nice boat. both towy and tay have had alot of work done by malcome over the years.

6 hours ago, billybobbooth said:

yes been for sale for a while now aston. tay is a lovely boat was just too much money for me other wise i would have made more of an intrest although the engine would have had to come out for something older for me but she is a nice boat. both towy and tay have had alot of work done by malcome over the years.

I thought I'd seen it about somewhere... That was a while ago so it's either priced too high or there's something quite wrong with her? 

If I could have convinced the boss that Tay would be an epic investment I might have gotten away with it. Unfortunately she's smart enough to ask probing questions and wait for my poker face to fail...

aston is quite high so was tay but tay was worth it but will start to need work soon i would have thought e.g. 5-10 years.

i got told i had to sell towy to buy another and i couldnt deal with having nothing. tco boats in good condution are hard to find. but they all seamed to come up at the same time!

Edited by billybobbooth