Jump to content

How is the Tree Monkey


Featured Posts

1 minute ago, tree monkey said:

Thank you for asking. 

 

I'm 100% better than I was over Monday to Thursday but I still feel completely run down, as a bonus I'm being let out today with a batch of horse pills and strict instructions to not let it get that bad again and come back to hospital if I deteriorate.

 

 

I have been looking for information cards and see that one or two of the professional bodies have them for their members. Pest control, water jetting etc. but cant find any for boating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The HNBOc, or whatever they are called today, produce a very good and handily laminated information card.    I think they may be available from their bookshop, or their stand at an event?

 

Ours live in the boat, which may, or may not,  be a good idea.  Perhaps I ought to take one home.

 

N

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I have been looking for information cards and see that one or two of the professional bodies have them for their members. Pest control, water jetting etc. but cant find any for boating.

This is the one I was given by CRT.

IMG_20220611_154734216.jpg.090ee1df89d65227d96a0c703908c9e6.jpgIMG_20220611_154718656.jpg.e4809f9f91e1ad8572200382b1c10800.jpg

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BEngo said:

The HNBOc, or whatever they are called today, produce a very good and handily laminated information card.    I think they may be available from their bookshop, or their stand at an event?

 

Ours live in the boat, which may, or may not,  be a good idea.  Perhaps I ought to take one home.

 

N

 

Leptospirosis (Weil's disease) - NHS (www.nhs.uk)

 

Also remember dogs can contract this disease as well as humans.

 

Leptospirosis in dogs | Medivet UK | Pet care

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Thank you for asking. 

 

I'm 100% better than I was over Monday to Thursday but I still feel completely run down, as a bonus I'm being let out today with a batch of horse pills and strict instructions to not let it get that bad again and come back to hospital if I deteriorate.

 

 

How bad did it get? (I missed the original story). It is something that I'm very aware of any time I have contact with canal water having had an uncle who died of it (although it was back in the 1940's)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

How bad did it get? (I missed the original story). It is something that I'm very aware of any time I have contact with canal water having had an uncle who died of it (although it was back in the 1940's)

Proper flu, temp peaked at 38 and that was with paracetamol, full on shakes and aches, the oddest thing was the confusion,  I had to work to string a sentence together 

 

It came on 2 days after the swim.

 

I've just go home and although it would be right to say I feel better compared to yesterday, I still feel bloody awful 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tree monkey said:

I'm being let out today with a batch of horse pills and strict instructions to not let it get that bad again and come back to hospital if I deteriorate.

 

 

 

Hmm... Monkey and strict instructions to see a doctor, eh...? It's not like he has previous with that.  🤔😶

 

(If there's a) next time, I'll need to strap him to a sack truck, kicking and screaming,  and wheel him there myself 😉

Edited by BlueStringPudding
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I knew @tree monkey was ill after the challenge, I now read that he "is back" I am assuming a brief spell in hospital? Did I miss this? Assuming I did I'm glad you're home. If I'm mistaken and you've simply come back from the dead rather than a stay in hospital well, still good...  😉 

 

I used to have a lepto card, I probably still should. The instructions from my employer was that I was to carry it with me - they suggested it be in my wallet - as I might be admitted to hospital incoherent or unconscious. 

Edited by magpie patrick
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Get well soon, Monkey 😊 🐒

 

Out of curiousity, once you've recovered from Weil's disease do you have immunity against future infections?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Puffling said:

Get well soon, Monkey 😊 🐒

 

Out of curiousity, once you've recovered from Weil's disease do you have immunity against future infections?

I was wondering that. You'll be forever first choice as weed-hatch wallah if so.

 

MP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bloody Hell Monkey! 
Look after yourself and do what BSP says, including a return to hospital if required..

BSP, feel free to rope me in as a “persuader” if he is being stubborn, I’m prepared to travel and I’ll bring Patty with me, he won’t stand a chance with all three of us on his case

 

Monkey, be afraid, be very afraid.

  • Greenie 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, tree monkey said:

I can take myself thank you very much

 

Sure? And where have you been for the last couple of days...

 

4 hours ago, BlueStringPudding said:

 

Hmm... Monkey and strict instructions to see a doctor, eh...? It's not like he has previous with that.  🤔😶

 

(If there's a) next time, I'll need to strap him to a sack truck, kicking and screaming,  and wheel him there myself 😉

 

Hannibal Lecter style

 

I think I've got a large dog cage somewhere, would that be useful?

 

Richard

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RLWP said:

 

Sure? And where have you been for the last couple of days...

 

 

Hannibal Lecter style

 

I think I've got a large dog cage somewhere, would that be useful?

 

Richard

In my defence, how many people fall in or get into the canal and are perfectly fine, it just felt like a dose, a real bad, dose of the flu.

BSP would have overridden my stubborn refusal to see what was happening but I recon it was Mark off callisto who finally made me see sense.

One thing worth noting ringing 111 out of hours is bloody fantastic, be prepared for very late night call back but they will fine you an out of hours GP and book an appointment, in fact I was caught out by the 4am call and 5am GP booking, which meant a highly unadvisable drive to the local hospital, but that aside 111 worked

  • Greenie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Puffling said:

Out of curiousity, once you've recovered from Weil's disease do you have immunity against future infections?

Neil Carter (in the Archers) was infected in 1980s, and he's never had it again, so that must be OK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, tree monkey said:

In case anyone is interested...

 

Just over a week after leaving hospital with 7 days of antibiotics I am still not 100%, don't get me wrong I am not ill as such just tired and not quite right, at least I am able to do a the normal day to day stuff as long as I take my time, anyway I've been signed off for another week and hopefully that should see me right.

 

I have been spectacularly unlucky considering how many people live, work and play around canals but it's certainly worth keeping in mind if you get a fever after contact with the water

 

 

 

I was talking about your recent misadventures yesterday with some vollies.  

 

It's certainly stopped me being quite so blasé about canal water getting on my hands, especially if I've any cuts or scrapes.

 

They were obviously aware of the risks of leptospirosis because they are made aware of it by CRT, but were startled to hear they might need to force a doctor to consider it as a diagnosis in similar circumstances.

 

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Just over a week after leaving hospital with 7 days of antibiotics I am still not 100%, don't get me wrong I am not ill as such just tired and not quite right, at least I am able to do a the normal day to day stuff as long as I take my time, anyway I've been signed off for another week and hopefully that should see me right.

So is that Long Leptospirosis?

 

Glad to hear you are recovering.

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of the warnings following leptospirosis is you must not under any circumstances indulge in any domestic chores - this is dangerous for both you and anybody else on the premises. No washing up, hoovering, cooking, basically anything. You may quote me if it helps. Intake of lots of fluids highly recommended.

  • Greenie 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.