How is the Tree Monkey

ditchcrawler

Featured Posts

18 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

One of the warnings following leptospirosis is you must not under any circumstances indulge in any domestic chores - this is dangerous for both you and anybody else on the premises. No washing up, hoovering, cooking, basically anything. You may quote me if it helps. Intake of lots of fluids highly recommended.

On numerous visits, the only advice given by my grandfather's GP was "no washing-up for a fortnight"

15 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

...but were startled to hear they might need to force a doctor to consider it as a diagnosis in similar circumstances.

Hmm.  Similar to the ads on tv and signs on ambulances saying "Just ask - could it be sepsis?"  I'd have thought it better convince Doctors to check rather than expect the patients to try to tell their GP that they may know better than him or her. 

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Hmm.  Similar to the ads on tv and signs on ambulances saying "Just ask - could it be sepsis?"  I'd have thought it better convince Doctors to check rather than expect the patients to try to tell their GP that they may know better than him or her. 

Ideally yes.  If @tree monkey hadn't insisted he wouldn't have got the necessary treatment.

If I ever think I've got leptospirosis I'm going to scream and shout until I've seen the lab test results.  I'm certainly not going to take two aspirin and come back in a fortnight ...

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Only just home and catching up on posts still, how are you feeling now @tree monkey ?

Thanks for asking, firing on all cylinders now I think, obviously the cylinders are fairly coked up and scored and I'm burning a bit of oil but that's just age :)

• Greenie 2

The clue is General practitioner. They see hundreds of varying coonditions every year.

It takes a particularly astute one to spot something rare or an insistent patient to ask to check stuff.

Any GP worth their salt wont mind being given a nudge to think of other and rare possibilities.