42 feet of pure prettiness

MissMax

Featured Posts

Miss Max -don't know where,don't know when,don't know how...but I have got to meet you! You are totally,utterly mad & I love it!!!!!! (& you).

Same! Ladies' meet up?

I also have a (mad) puppy and two cats, btw. Optimum number of beasties for a boat, if I do say so.

• Greenie 1

There was me thinking my pump was possessed by demons blush.png. Never found any wet bits and i have gone over this boat killing off the eight legged brain suckers. May just turn it off at night then panic when i try to use the taps in the morning.

Started the fridge today (Mr Dave_P with his grown up fridge.....it aint fair)

YUW3gSV.jpg

Morning around 10

bgDpYkr.jpg

Took the adopted one out and came back about a hour half later. Fridge still working and cold so i guess it works (just not pretty)

Went hunting today. Got myself a whopper

qLV29ow.jpg

Used this to drag it to the side :)

XkwoK1L.jpg

It was blooming heavy! (it looked so lite in the water!?) a lady helped me land it

About the thing i thought was insulation (shut up im new at this)

FTnz1FC.jpg

dKhteq3.jpg

Will this madness never end! i've been through this boat getting rid of all of Mr Harry the S+++++s relatives and there clan

Got duck poop down my leg, the Adopted one is still in shock after working out that swans can come on land

Vd8I9vI.jpg

Im going to need to buy two bags of coal per week. Nothing but ash when i get up at 2 am (tinkle walk) come back inside and start another fire then shiver my way

into bed :(

I was told that i shouldn't overload the fire as the back boiler thing will explode and take out Skipton (is it true)

Moved the boat opposite the water point as there aint no one here. Everyone is round the corner in the wind tunnel (or i am even stinkier than normal blush.png )

Found my phone, just need to find my sim card (long story that involved rice pudding). Thank you for telling me about the Bedazzeld thingy lights and i will defo ask for LSD and not LED. I only have pumps and no blue expander thnig (unless its that thing that rolls about under the bed)

(snip)

About the thing i thought was insulation (shut up im new at this)

FTnz1FC.jpg

dKhteq3.jpg

(snip)

Top one looks like silver paint (I'd guess Smoothrite or equivalent, because its instructions say it can be applied over rust), applied without any surface preparation at all.

Is the second photo a "repair" done bodged with fibreglass, or just a cobweb??

Just found this thread. To save me reading 56 pages, can anyone summarise for me and then I can just follow it from here?

Cheers.

Miss max got a blue boat because of its nice blue colour, painted it bitumen black and lost a cat in the gents, the rest I forget.

Oh and she's afraid of spiders, especially the geese eating ones around Skipton.

Edited by Robbo

Gotta disagree with this!

If the pump is a 30 p.s.i. one, it will cut out at 30 p.s.i. If that is the pressure in the accumulator, said accumulator will do nothing, and might as well not be there.

Accumulator pressure should ideally be JUST below pump cut IN pressure, as that allows the maximum diaphram movement between the pump starting and stopping.

To find pump pressures, using the accumulator valve as the measuring point, it's best to let the pressure in the accumulator down before you start. When the water pump stops running, measure pressure using a tyre pressure gauge. This is the pump cut out pressure. Now open a tap slightly. After a while, the pump will start. As soon as it does, switch off pump and tap. (May require an assistant!) Measure the pressure, which will be the cut in pressure. Now open the tap again to de-pressurise the system. Pump air into accumulator until pressure is just below the second pressure measurement. Turn off tap, and switch on pump and Robert is your father's brother.

If the above is too much faffing about, setting the accumulator to about half the cut out pressure (i.e. 15 p.s.i. for a 30 p.s.i. pump) is usually not too far off.

Questioning the plumby guru? OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

However now you've made me think about it properly instead of spouting conventional plumby wisdom, I agree with you. What I suggested doesn't quite make sense. However, pumping it up the vessel to a little under the lower switching pressure as Iain says, to get maximum functionality, also doesn't quite work.

I think the effective operating volume of the vessel will be the difference between the volume of the air charge at pump switching ON pressure, and the volume of the air charge at pump switching OFF pressure. I revise my opinion and now think its best to charge the vessel to about 70% of the pump switch OFF pressure.

Thank you Iain!

(I may yet change my opinion again later though.... :D )

Hey Max I think you do have a spiders nest there...ditch/clean it before u get trillions of youngsters to look after..my sis went walking in her field post one hatching and she plus 4grandchildren got covered..apparently twas horrific....

(snip)

(I may yet change my opinion again later though.... biggrin.png )

To get you started .... cheers.gif

(This may be off topic, though, as I think MissMax said she didn't have an accumulator, unless it was a blue thing rolling around under the bed or somewhere)

Edited by Iain_S

I once saw a spider's web in a hedge about 4 sq in (about the size of a mushroom vent!) that was absolutely seething(!) with very tiny little shiny black spiders, I tried to estimate how many there were, it must have been well over a hundred. The next day they had all disappeared.

I once saw a spider's web in a hedge about 4 sq in (about the size of a mushroom vent!) that was absolutely seething(!) with very tiny little shiny black spiders, I tried to estimate how many there were, it must have been well over a hundred. The next day they had all disappeared.

Female spiders are fairly prolific at generating offspring, some creating several egg sacs with dozens of eggs in each. Most web-building spiders favor this strategy, knowing that only a few of their offspring will survive to adulthood. Some egg sacs, such as those of Argiope, can have up to 1,500 eggs each

Extract from 'Spiders' website.

" And blooming gorgeous on the inside (like Brian Blessed's belly button)"

And how do you get vomit off a keyboard?

Not sure but I'm sure a member will be along with the correct answer soon ☺

As if this topic wasn't long enough and going off on all sorts of tangents, I feel that no request for information on CWDF should go unanswered if possible. Ten weeks later, here's my attempt at it. I've been involved in keyboard cleaning at various times during my long career in IT, usually tea and food crumbs but never vomit as far as I can recall, but the principles should be the same. I'm assuming here that you don't have some industrial/military spec keyboard which will just shrug it off and can be wiped down with a damp cloth.

If it's a desktop type separate keyboard, first unplug the keyboard because you don't want to short out any circuit. Hold it upside down and wash it, maybe using a shower head pointing up at it. I wouldn't immerse it in water. Leave it upside down on kitchen towel/newspaper in a warm (not hot) place for a long time to dry out fully, then plug it in to see if it works. If it doesn't, no big deal, they're cheap to replace.

If it's a laptop, be much more careful. Shut the machine down quickly; you can just unplug straight away but if so you'll lose data you've just entered.

Turn it upside down on top of kitchen towel/newspaper, using that to wipe the vomit away without pressing it further in between the keys. Afterwards a vacuum cleaner might be helpful. Again, dry it slowly then try it; if it doesn't work, aaargh!

In both cases there are products for cleaning dirty keys afterwards, PC World should have them, but baby wipes would probably do quite a good job.

As if this topic wasn't long enough and going off on all sorts of tangents, I feel that no request for information on CWDF should go unanswered if possible. Ten weeks later, here's my attempt at it. I've been involved in keyboard cleaning at various times during my long career in IT, usually tea and food crumbs but never vomit as far as I can recall, but the principles should be the same. I'm assuming here that you don't have some industrial/military spec keyboard which will just shrug it off and can be wiped down with a damp cloth.

If it's a desktop type separate keyboard, first unplug the keyboard because you don't want to short out any circuit. Hold it upside down and wash it, maybe using a shower head pointing up at it. I wouldn't immerse it in water. Leave it upside down on kitchen towel/newspaper in a warm (not hot) place for a long time to dry out fully, then plug it in to see if it works. If it doesn't, no big deal, they're cheap to replace.

If it's a laptop, be much more careful. Shut the machine down quickly; you can just unplug straight away but if so you'll lose data you've just entered.

Turn it upside down on top of kitchen towel/newspaper, using that to wipe the vomit away without pressing it further in between the keys. Afterwards a vacuum cleaner might be helpful. Again, dry it slowly then try it; if it doesn't work, aaargh!

In both cases there are products for cleaning dirty keys afterwards, PC World should have them, but baby wipes would probably do quite a good job.

Alternatively throw keyboard away and by a new one.........

• Greenie 1