Things you wouldn't have on boat again.

Featured Posts

My pool table was a disaster

I had a full size Old English Bagatelle table on Usk which worked quite well although it did have to be levelled off again, each time it came out.

Unfortunately it hasn't fared so well stored in the garage since moving ashore and is in the workshop awaiting full restoration.

Snooker and Pool tables are easily adapted for use on boats. You just bash off the existing cushions and pockets and fit guttering and drain pipes all around instead. The player that loses all their balls in the gutter first loses.

Edited by bizzard

a rayburn

Got one, I have had it for nearly 18 years, it is being retired to back up status only because advancing years and a bout of poor health makes the collection and transport of anthracite/logs impractical for full time use. sad.png

Got one, I have had it for nearly 18 years, it is being retired to back up status only because advancing years and a bout of poor health makes the collection and transport of anthracite/logs impractical for full time use. sad.png

Maybe you should get it serviced if it is that bad. ;)

Cow.

I had one walk onto my tug deck one night at Shardlow.

Saves running the fridge for milk.

Makes you more fond of pigeons though ...

Bow thruster tube. I had it installed when the boat was built, the thinking being that as I get more infirm it might become necessary. I've come to the onclusion that if I can't put my boat where I want to then I should give up boating. Or maybe get a smaller boat.

It takes up quite a bit of space, gets in the way of the water stop taps and in fact required a smaller tank in the first place to get it over the tube. And everyone else seems to store their wine in that space. So I took it out last time boat was out of the water.

Bow thruster tube. I had it installed when the boat was built, the thinking being that as I get more infirm it might become necessary. I've come to the onclusion that if I can't put my boat where I want to then I should give up boating. Or maybe get a smaller boat.

It takes up quite a bit of space, gets in the way of the water stop taps and in fact required a smaller tank in the first place to get it over the tube. And everyone else seems to store their wine in that space. So I took it out last time boat was out of the water.

I am amazed how often "experts" and even some on this forum advise undecided newbies to get a bow thruster tube fitted....all the disadvantages and none of the advantages!

.. ..Dave

Ropes that are too thick.

Fender socks (they really are the work of the devil)

TV

Monopoly. (not good in a rough sea when it ejects itself from the cupboard!)

Add scrabble to that, mine fell out of cupboard whilst motor sailing....cupboard was over the engine.. Scrabble tiles hurt when they fall thru alternator drive.

2014-10-05-11-58-34.jpg

Willow and the other "tree class" Severners have T studs on the counter, so ropes won't come off when tied to high dock walls.

They're not so good for tying to quickly when towing on a long line, and they're harder to use cross straps with.

When did you get permission to go up the Backs when it was still warm enough for punting?