Fatal Error Message - Anyone else getting them today?

Featured Posts

I'm not getting any 'Fatal Errors'. Can I make a complaint, I'm going to get a complex. And, who dies everytime one of these 'Fatal' errors happens. ?

You could have some of mine :)

Just got this one a couple minutes ago :(

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 15466496) (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /home/ggbqjfrf/public_html/forums/cache/lang_cache/1/core_public_global.php on line 76

B~

At 20:53 blank page followed by

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 17301504) (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/ggbqjfrf/public_html/forums/cache/lang_cache/1/forums_public_topic.php on line 268

Haven't had any fatal errors in the last couple of days, but the site is often very slow to load initially, although seems to work normally once it is connected (and nothing to do with my download speed - 30Mb/s). Sometimes after clicking my bookmark it can wait four or five seconds before loading - other sites are instantaneous.

Edited by dor

If it's a shared server, then the sysadmin needs to know as anotheruser may be trying to write to your memory space, if it's not shared, it could be a hardware problem.

Also, Wordpress seems to have problems with PHP memory management, if you or the program writer uses it to generate the PHP scripts.

If it's a shared server, then the sysadmin needs to know as anotheruser may be trying to write to your memory space, if it's not shared, it could be a hardware problem.

Also, Wordpress seems to have problems with PHP memory management, if you or the program writer uses it to generate the PHP scripts.

Thanks John. Yes Wordpress does seem to have a lot of similar problems. Memory usage seems to be fine, but a h/w problem cannot be ruled out. PHP and apache config seem to be in order, but there may be issues with the Invision forum software.

Again, please be patient while we try and resolve the issue.

Again, please be patient while we try and resolve the issue.

A couple more snippets of info...

1) They happen so often for me I've stopped posting about them

2) I was getting them the other day at about 3am, when there were virtually no users logged on so it seems unlikely to be related to bandwidth.

MtB

It seems that Invision Power Board users have been complaining about memory leaks involving PHP since at least 2009 when rebuilding reports, which is done each time a user presses the New content button or logs into another forum.

All the tickets I've seen in a quick search just now have been flagged as updated to "Cannot reproduce"

I only get the problem about once a day, but it persists for a few minutes at a time, so maybe the garbage collection's a bit slow. One user has implicated cookies, too.

• Greenie 1