Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

I see that Tadworth has come around yet again.

Ducky linky.

I doubt it is really in Herefordshire, though!

This is the last time Tadworth will be advertised.

We'll see!

Edited by alan_fincher

I know Gosty Hill has been for sale for ever and a day but the ad has just been refreshed on the duck. I seem to remember first seeing it up for about £50k with the business (which must be long gone). It's been with ABNB for a while now at £30k and is still not selling. What price do people think this will have to drop to to make someone take a punt?

A few times recently I've had funny thoughts about sticking Albion on brokerage at 25 grand and going to offer Gosty Hill's owner £20k cash. Then I talk myself out of it.

Edited by junior

Nice looking stern on it smile.png I like a nice round stern (as the Hancock and Lane adverts used to say, or something like that anyway)

edited because I hadn't viewed the advert text

but £60,000 !!!

Hells Teeth

Edited by magnetman

A nice one and not one I've seen before!!!

http://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/image.phtml?id=381540ℑ=1

This boat was 40' when first converted and named ROUMANIA captain.gif

Blimey, having been a horse boat to start with, then getting a counter stern fabricated, a cabin added, then being lengthened apparently twice there can't be much of the original boat still left!

MtB

Yes, we have just come past Tasmania today, and I took a look - certainly no more than half of it is now "historic".

Although the recent lengthening has been done immaculately, (Simon Wain says it is by far the straightest bit of hull and cabin), to me it is a step too far. I could accept it in its 50 foot guise, but it now doesn't have the appeal to me that it had as a shorter boat.

A great shame about the HRW2 - until recently it had a far more interesting and much older "lump", though I'm struggline to remember exactly what.

but £60,000 !!!

Hells Teeth

Quite!

When last sold as a 50 foot boat, I think the advertised price was less than two thirds of that.

Welcome.

A slightly unusual first post for a new member, so I'm wondering if you are the buyer?

Not me :( I wish! I own a 10 year old boat, I have always kept up with MB and J progress however as they were on the Shroppie when I was new to boating 10 years ago... Apologies if my post seemed strange I am usually just a reader of forums but felt the need to update on this topic as it has been mentioned quite a few times on this thread and I had recently noticed the change in sale status!...

Not me sad.png I wish! I own a 10 year old boat, I have always kept up with MB and J progress however as they were on the Shroppie when I was new to boating 10 years ago... Apologies if my post seemed strange I am usually just a reader of forums but felt the need to update on this topic as it has been mentioned quite a few times on this thread and I had recently noticed the change in sale status!...

Sorry,

My response to your posting was possibly also a bit strange!

It is interesting that these boats may finally have found a home, as certainly they have hung about longer than many.

Mind you, an Admiral motor & butty that has to be kept as a pair has to be one of the most unusual things on the narrow boat market, so I guess not that surprising!

Welcome anyway.

Alan

Or the butty gets motorised and you get two useable boats.

I bought my first bag of coal off Ivor Batchelor at Braunston turn in 1994 :) when I was knocking around there in a Hancock & Lane 32 footer.

Just Mountbatten then

Ugly boat but I do like it...