Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Not sure I have seen anything about this on the forum?

From the HNBC Mailing list......

Tina Mord sent a message

Hi HNBC, I wondered if you have a notice board for members. I am the current owner of nb Hardy (Nurser built for Samuel Barlow), but desperate to find her a new home as I can no longer afford to keep her and she is in need of docking. I would consider donating her to a trust / restoration project if that is an option. Any help you could suggest would be gratefully received.

Many thanks, Tina

I'm don't wish to put Tina's email in the clear on here, even though it seems to appear openly elsewhere. Please message me if you are a serious enquirer wishing to contact Tina.

Wow what a charming boat!

Seems a little hopeful for the advert to state all that is needed is caulking. Presumably this is what you were driving at Alan?

MtB

I don't know anything about the boat other than external appearance, as we pass it many times a year.

However I think you can read a lot into.....

Due to the age of the wooden hull and cabin it is not suitable for modern boating or recreational use on todays busy and overcrowded waterways

Planet up for sale on the duck - haven't mastered the art of linking on this iPad thing!

Yes it has been for some while................

It needs a lot of work, and will cost a lot to sort out properly, (but equally has a lot of potential).

It isn't actually currently available, despite the "Duck" saying it is.

Edited by alan_fincher

Is this some sales ploy to raise interest? I've thought about it, and can't think of a sensible reason to go to the trouble of writing an advert and paying to put it on the duck when it is not available. The least they could do is say when it will be available.

The advert says 'rarely available' - apparently even rarer than that.

Nor is it unusual for a boat to remain advertised on The Duck long after it has been sold. Some peeps simply can't be bothered to take an advert down once an item has SOLD, completely losing interest once the money is in the bank. Same applies to cars and anything else advertised.

In the case of a boat surveyed but still not actually sold though, I'd keep the advert running too.

MtB

That looks very nice.

But entirely bogus. Its not a tug, its a converted horse boat. While the LMS locomotives and First Class carriages may have carried maroon paint and gold lettering and coach lines, LMS carrying boats cabins would have been plain grey, just like LMS freight waggons.

But entirely bogus. Its not a tug, its a converted horse boat. While the LMS locomotives and First Class carriages may have carried maroon paint and gold lettering and coach lines, LMS carrying boats cabins would have been plain grey, just like LMS freight waggons.

It's not entirely bogus,and has lots of history.

The fact that it looks good now doesn't hide the fact that it has been shortened, lengthened again, and a cabin stuck on, replated, tug deck added etc, like many boats at Braunston/Shackerstone/StokeBruerne Festivals.

Bugger me, if you want original, there aint nuffink left matey.(why you get rid of those 90 year old elm bottoms eh??)

Tell Mike B Reginald isn't a tug, ask Alan Fincher why sickle isn't an ice breaker, or a proper 70 footer??

Edited by matty40s