Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Owned lived on and restored by the founders of brinklow boats, whilst at wfb co in the 1990s. Correct engine. You can't get a better pedigree. However that was some time and ownerships ago,if I was looking id give her a look, especially as there are some boats on the duck at double the price that will depreciate faster than a falling skip...

A rare boat indeed and the fore end looks all original and has the beautiful Nurser lines. Well worth restoring if you have the money to do it.

Lets hope the "dreamers" type don't buy it.

If CRT was worth its salt it should buy the boat and just preserve the hull as it is (like Friendship) then in 50 years time you will still view a Nurser bow.

Edited by Laurence Hogg

The bow was rebuilt by John Woolley in the 80's, a great piece of workmanship, i don't think it's quite as pronounced as she was originally, but still worth saving none the less. Unfortunately recently she has been passed around every 10 months or so, as I reckon people realise the work required.

Lovely boat.

Dan

A rare boat indeed and the fore end looks all original and has the beautiful Nurser lines. Well worth restoring if you have the money to do it.

Lets hope the "dreamers" type don't buy it.

If CRT was worth its salt it should buy the boat and just preserve the hull as it is (like Friendship) then in 50 years time you will still view a Nurser bow.

Well I know Hazel from the early 1970s when she was a boat in the Wyvern Shipping hire fleet.

In my opinion the bow she now has bears little resemblance to the one she had 40 years ago, and is now not particularly "Nurser-esque" at all. (Though it is clearly closer than Raymond!).

I'm no expert, I freely admit, but it is kind of like all the rebuilt wooden boat bows are increasingly merging into one fairly anonymous shape, that now seldom looks like what the boat was originally, (usually irrespective of what the boat was originally!).

How many of the rebuilt "Ricky" boats, for example, really look like a "Ricky" boat any more?

EDITED TO ADD:

Linky to recent thread about Hazel.

Edited by alan_fincher

ST2 engine?

moored on the South Oxford without a licence?

ST2 was just one of the range which included the more common SR. 19hp engine usually found on dumper trucks and the like.

As for no licence, well it is an obvious ex live aboard on the Sth Oxford!!

ST2 was just one of the range which included the more common SR. 19hp engine usually found on dumper trucks and the like.

As for no licence, well it is an obvious ex live aboard on the Sth Oxford!!

Ahh, so this boat must have one of those elusive 3 cylinder ST2 engines?

If you traval past Cassio Wharf at the mo, it's like a shop window for old historics.

1) France

2) Asterope (I like that one a lot)

3) Hyperion

4) Elstree

and a couple more I could not quite see the name.

Very happy to see all our labour of love still in good order. To whoever buys her we have pictures from 1994 ish in dock. No bottoms no footings no top, no gunnels, Rayburn sitting on the ground ( we built the boat round it using a hoist to get the steel down) internal cabin painting looks like ours too. Course now we have a woolwich motor not a northwich we could..... No no no do not let history repeat.

except that the advert states Lister ST2 30hp but the inclusive photographs show a Lister 3 cylinder.

Most adverts for HAZEL since 2009 state a Lister 3 cylinder, sometimes an SR and sometimes an ST captain.gif

It is of course indeed a 3 cylinder Lister. A previous owner told me it was an SR3, (Certainly what it had in its Wyvern Shipping years), and seemed to know what they were talking about. Maybe they didn't, though?

If you traval past Cassio Wharf at the mo, it's like a shop window for old historics.

1) France

2) Asterope (I like that one a lot)

3) Hyperion

4) Elstree

and a couple more I could not quite see the name.

Perhaps, but is any of those other that France actually for sale?

Edited by alan_fincher

Perhaps, but is any of those other that France actually for sale?

Not that I'm aware of. The only one apart from France I saw for sale was Tadworth which is well known about.

ETA

Oh I see, I have wandered off topic. Forgive.

Edited by mark99

Not that I'm aware of. The only one apart from France I saw for sale was Tadworth which is well known about.

Asterope is indeed a great looking conversion in my view. The "Stars" just make a more balanced boat with a top on than the "Towns".

It wouldn't appeal to many, because if its so called "bus windows" rather than portholes, but in my mind if you are going to put a ruddy great box where the cargo and cloths would normally be so that you can live in it, you might as well be able to see out easily!

Certainly one I would be very interested in if it did ever come on the open market.

Asterope is indeed a great looking conversion in my view. The "Stars" just make a more balanced boat with a top on than the "Towns".

It wouldn't appeal to many, because if its so called "bus windows" rather than portholes, but in my mind if you are going to put a ruddy great box where the cargo and cloths would normally be so that you can live in it, you might as well be able to see out easily!

Certainly one I would be very interested in if it did ever come on the open market.

In that part of the world there are many historics I pass regularly. Asterope (despite bus windows as you say) really is an attractive balance. It looks particularly great at the mo, maybe just been repainted touched up?