Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Mabel and Forget me Not are now listed on Ebay.

Sadly I think the price is unrealistic considering the boats out there that are in better order but at a much lower price (starting at "free to good home")

Edited to add Clicky

I do not think I have appeared on Ebay before captain.gif

Interestingly the advertiser has amended my document for MABEL to say that the engine fitted in place of the original Petter was an Armstrong Siddeley, whereas I stated it was a Parsons Merganser. I have both the Parsons and Armstrong Siddeley engine serial numbers for this particular installation, and my document is now altered to reflect popular opinion rather than historical accuracy.

I now have Andy and Liz's surname though which I did not have prior to this advert captain.gif

edit = Since writing to the owners I have tied up several loose ends regarding the post 1987 owners of this pair of boats.

Edited by pete harrison

I enquired about these ages ago before they were removed then put back up (not on ebay) they seam to have the answer about price of well we can discuss price and i was i still want to see them but youll be looking at a few k rather than 23k and still got the same answer i showed the pic to amanda and got an instant no. Im not buying a boat with no cabin at all.

I know from the conversations they have a spare Armstrong for mable and quite a lot of spare parts for the cabins and stoves ect but they ov didnt take me very seriously when i said i would look but would only be offering a few k as to a few k being a reasonable offer. Yes both sunk again not so long ago they do go down a pump them out apparently.

Think the mum is selling for the owner as the owner now lives abroad if i remember correct.

Just notice if you read the description carefully it says for sale at and quote £23.000 i dont know about you but a decimals where it is reads to me as £23 ill give £23 for them!!!

Does seem an odd price.

I suppose if you can get £200 for a windlass...

Perhaps there is some cachet in old completely nackered boats.

In which case someone will be raiding Harefield flash :lol:

Typo

Edited by magnetman

Large woolwich cantly £170,000 plus mooring

1936, Narrow Boat & Residential Mooring

Narrow Boats > Traditional Alerts | Watch this Advert | All Seller's Ads

Printer-friendly version

Price, Contact & Location

Insure this Boat

Finance this Boat

Transport this Boat

Price: £170,000 |

Advertiser: Robin Matthews

Telephone:01424 424114

Description

71ft 6in.(22mts) Ex working boat, moored on soughtafter privet, Non-Towpath, transferable residential mooring on the Grand Union Canalin Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire. The moorings have Car Park with a locked post room, toilet, rubbish and Elsan disposal facilities.

The moorings are 10/15 mins walk to Rickmansworth Station (20 mins to London).

The private sunny gardenis easily maintained, with onsite mains water and electricity.

The Town "Class Large Woolwich Narrowboat Cantly"was built in 1936 by Harland & Wolff, Woolwich for the Grand Union Canal Carrying Co. carrying cargo between London and Birmingham until being sold by British Waterways in 1962. She has been owned and maintained in very good mechanical condition for 30 years by a keen canal enthusiast and comes with a Boat Safety Certificate (April 2016) valid until 2020 and Full Dry Dock Survey (June 2012) valid until 2018. Her original two cylinder 18.5h.p. National diesel engine was overhauled in 2012 and still possesses the original mechanical controls and paint work in the "Boatsman" cabin.

Cantles' main accommodation comprises of:

A full length double bedroom, integral cupdoarb space with integral water tank beneath.

Private shower, washbasin and toilet (portable WC) room.

Living room, (with pull out double bed from L shaped seating) dining table & back boiler stove to central heating.

A full size kitchen with cooker, water heater (Gas) and combined mains/24V/ gas fridge.

There is mains 240Volt lighting and power throughout.

Specifications

Builder: Harland & Wolff

Make: Harland & Wolff

Model: 71 Traditional

Year constructed: 1936

Length over all: 71' 5

Edited by ChimneyChain

£100k for a mooring on Hall Farm in Rickmansworth??

What is the world coming to? Do they know about the undesirables opposite at tge Bitchworth moorings :lol:

Regents park yes I can understand a big premium being added to the boat value.. but Ricky?

£100k for a mooring on Hall Farm in Rickmansworth??

What is the world coming to? Do they know about the undesirables opposite at tge Bitchworth moorings laugh.png

Regents park yes I can understand a big premium being added to the boat value.. but Ricky?

I assume the £100K is just a reservation fee and then you have to pay a lot per annum just to keep it there as mooring fees!

Re: PROGRESS, It appears the boat is sold, but not to the Ebay bidder, and will be exchanging at the end of the mooring contract in Brum. so we won't be getting a quick cruise anywhere. Probably better for me!

Also, I see TYCHO's asking price has dropped - a bit.

https://m.apolloduck.com/display.phtml?aid=473783&rid=aa&z=aa

Edited by Derek R.

Also, I see TYCHO's asking price has dropped - a bit.

https://m.apolloduck.com/display.phtml?aid=473783&rid=aa&z=aa

Methinks if I owned TYCHO, I would try to negotiate a discount on length with CRT based on the fact that a good chunk of it is no use whatsoever to me but is preserving the heritage of the canals!

George ex nb Alton retired

Methinks if I owned TYCHO, I would try to negotiate a discount on length with CRT based on the fact that a good chunk of it is no use whatsoever to me but is preserving the heritage of the canals!

You probably get a Historic license in the first place

Richard

I wouldn't say "of no use", it's the nuclear option for Bridgehole Chicken games

There was one bidder through Ebay who failed to follow through with the purchase.

A second person had been looking at the boat with interest, but they too have decided not to purchase.

The boat is still for sale. This from the vendors wife today.

I know that this never applied to your unconverted boat, George, but doesn't the same apply to many people who pay for up to 72 feet of boat, and get to actually have the benefit of just 8 feet of living space?

Alphabetically under "C"!

Linky

What an odd place to market such a unique boat! "Bowthruster: None" :lol:

Edited by alan_fincher

I do not remember CAGGY being the shiney tug it is now when Alan 'Caggy' Stevens was operating it captain.gif

No. It's awkward lines under a patina of grime had charm. With shiny paint it looks very wrong

Richard