Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

I imagine whoever made that bid is feeling pretty smug right now, cracking boat imo and once the cabin is sealed will be a very handsome sight once again.

This Re: PROGRESS.

A little bird has told of the winning bidder umming and aaring to the effect that the sale has fallen through. But another has been in the wings for a while, and a sale may yet be on the cards. No names, no price.

If the boat has not changed hands after a week or two, we may ourselves get a chance for a trip on said boat. That would be nice.

This Re: PROGRESS.

A little bird has told of the winning bidder umming and aaring to the effect that the sale has fallen through. But another has been in the wings for a while, and a sale may yet be on the cards. No names, no price.

If the boat has not changed hands after a week or two, we may ourselves get a chance for a trip on said boat. That would be nice.

shocked to hear that, I thought whoever bought it had got a real bargain at £10k I certainly wouldnt have spent much time umming or aaring if Id had the money. Fingers crossed you get that ride, take a few pics for a poor stranded boat lover ;)

shocked to hear that, I thought whoever bought it had got a real bargain at £10k I certainly wouldnt have spent much time umming or aaring if Id had the money. Fingers crossed you get that ride, take a few pics for a poor stranded boat lover wink.png

But Dean, its a wooden boat.

£10k is about right given the massive ongoing maintenance costs and/or commitment.

But Dean, its a wooden boat.

£10k is about right given the massive ongoing maintenance costs and/or commitment.

Dean?

I know its wooden but I seem to recall it being rebuilt not too many years ago. Docking every couple of years, caulking, blacking as Carl used to say its not that different from a well looked after steel boat. I would have expected double that price tbh to reflect the ongoing costs compared to an iron tug of the same period.

Although I can understand where you are coming from with the recent cost to rebuild the stern of Birchills running out to £50k plus.

Dean?

I know its wooden but I seem to recall it being rebuilt not too many years ago. Docking every couple of years, caulking, blacking as Carl used to say its not that different from a well looked after steel boat. I would have expected double that price tbh to reflect the ongoing costs compared to an iron tug of the same period.

Although I can understand where you are coming from with the recent cost to rebuild the stern of Birchills running out to £50k plus.

Doh, sorry! Your new avatar looks very similar to that of DeanS...

From memory the current owner parted with little more than 17k to acquire the Angel not so long ago.

The advert mentions a bill of sale from 2007 showing it sold for £27k and that the current owner paid more.

I only came on here to find one just like that. Thanks for pointing me to the Apollo Duck.

The advert mentions a bill of sale from 2007 showing it sold for £27k and that the current owner paid more.

It does now - I'm pretty sure that has been added since the advert was first put up.

At the end of the day though, I would say they will sell for whatever somebody is prepared to pay now, and it is never possible to know who might be looking or how high they will go.

I always think it would be interesting if boats were like houses, and you could find out what the actual selling price was in each case!

I see via Facebook that Mountbatten & Jellicoe will be back on the market soon.

Tim

Thats a real shame. Im sure ivor and mel were hoping they would go to a good home. Think it was mountbatten i saw a while ago but the butty wasnt with it.

I have my roses and castles painted by mel.

Don't think its advertised online yet so not entirely on topic but I heard that the Leeds Liverpool short boat June may be up for sale.

:wub:

Actually I just realised she may not be a Leeds Liverpool boat but something else.

Anyway she's very nice!

According to the late Timleech on another thread she was built for the Calder and Hebble.

Is there an advert yet? Is June for sale?

I am surprised nobody has spotted this 'historic' narrow boat that has been on Apollo Duck for at least a couple of weeks now:

http://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/feature.phtml?id=468829

perhaps it has been missed because it is in the Semi Traditional section captain.gif

I think this was the boat used as a blueprint for Hudson Josher fore ends ninja.gif

Hmmm.

61 feet 18 inches long by 5 feet 18 inches wide??

The summary says it has an engine, but the description says the engine is in Bristol and for sale separately.

15'8" perhaps? They are pretty wide

Anyway its a nice little weekend project for someone !

Edited by magnetman

I am surprised nobody has spotted this 'historic' narrow boat that has been on Apollo Duck for at least a couple of weeks now:

http://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/feature.phtml?id=468829

perhaps it has been missed because it is in the Semi Traditional section captain.gif

That's interesting. For me, the duck is off line now.

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk.

All other sites seem to work so I don't think it's my PC...

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk.

The AD website has been overloaded by a sudden surge of unexpected interest in "Dover?..............

................................. No, on reflection, probably not!

The AD website has been overloaded by a sudden surge of unexpected interest in "Dover?..............

................................. No, on reflection, probably not!

Oh so that link is to Dover?

The Dover has been up again for sale for about three months now at least.

Unable to connect

Perhaps it's a southern problem because Apollo Duck is working fine for me up in the far far north captain.gif

Oh so that link is to Dover?

No, it is nothing to do with DOVER. The link is to the stern of the former F.M.C. Ltd. horse boat GRANGE now acting as the fore endof the pleasure boat GRANGE END captain.gif