Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Might not look as smart, but it's in better condition.

It's not actually that bad. Needs a couple of patches and a couple of bits of trim replacing but it's pretty sound. Unfortunately it had previously been repainted and no-one had bothered to strip it back; there were large paintwork bubbles. It looked pretty, but was doing more harm than good.

Saw this yesterday its just outside ricky look quite nice but little odd.

Yep, Victor Vectis had spat it out three times before that and I think the late, much-lamented Viola y Gath had licked it a few times, too.

That's where I left it! It's a family heirloom is that, three generations have had a go at it

Richard

I'm checking too, so far £3.74 has been located, plus the customary boiled sweet RLWP left last time he was here.

But you have just sold Cobbett so you can afford it with change left ovet

Yes it was owned by a forum member until fairly recently.

£50k :huh: that seems a bit ott to me but I actually dislike the ice breaking ram. I know about the history etc but it just looks wrong, to me.

And ice ain't what it used to be in this country :lol:

Edited by magnetman

Formerly owned by Barry Manilow?

ETA actually previously owned by a forum member iirc.

Barry Manilow???

". . a forum member . ." - Or two. Nobody likes the ice breaking ram up'em tongue.png

post-5975-0-19035500-1463950720_thumb.jpg

Edited by Derek R.

I've lusted, dribbled and lots of other verbs ending in 'ed over that boat since long before I knew how to do any of those things.

What a relief to click on the advert and discover they want double its value.

I've lusted, dribbled and lots of other verbs ending in 'ed over that boat since long before I knew how to do any of those things.

What a relief to click on the advert and discover they want double its value.

Not just me then

Richard

Sadly, yes, Mike and she's been sold again since then. Probably on her way to London as I type ..

I will look for another boat at some point, but the roof is eating money, people have come to point and stare from miles around.

Surely boats a way more fun than roofs?

Sadly, yes, Mike and she's been sold again since then. Probably on her way to London as I type ..

I will look for another boat at some point, but the roof is eating money, people have come to point and stare from miles around.

That explains why it was up with new and old boats after being sold by Norton canes

And ice ain't what it used to be in this country laugh.png

Oh but things evolve and more uses arise. Like it could be used to clear our people that moor in winding holes. Or Cm'ers lol.

Edited by mark99

Don't think its advertised online yet so not entirely on topic but I heard that the Leeds Liverpool short boat June may be up for sale.

:wub:

Actually I just realised she may not be a Leeds Liverpool boat but something else.

Anyway she's very nice!

According to the late Timleech on another thread she was built for the Calder and Hebble.

Don't think its advertised online yet so not entirely on topic but I heard that the Leeds Liverpool short boat June may be up for sale.

wub.png

Actually I just realised she may not be a Leeds Liverpool boat but something else.

Anyway she's very nice!

According to the late Timleech on another thread she was built for the Calder and Hebble.

June is an A&CN flyboat, built to be able to navigate the C&HN and L&LC. She was owned for some years by Chris Topp, and used on the Soar gravel traffic, though really to deep for there if fully loaded. She was then converted to a sailing barge by Chris around 1980, and he used her on the Humber for some years. After he sold her the mast was removed. Tim was involved when Peter Froud operated June as a camping boat around 1970.