snowmaggedon starts

matty40s

Featured Posts

Here it comes, I'm sat in the Engine Arm in Brum waiting for a lift, and the light rain has just turned into big fluffy snowflakes. Anywhere North of here could see snow today and probably a bit further South too.

Cold as a freezer tommorow then on Monday the real fun starts......

Here in the Fens the morning has dawned bright, clear and still, with gorgeous sky colours. Oops, red sky at morning.....but we're stocked up on food, coal, wood and beer, so it can more or less do what it wants outside.

Light snow forecast for Monday apparently.

Sunrise over the Fens, Red sky at dawn, Sailors warning.

sunriseoverfoxes.jpg

Yes, very much like what I was viewing six miles further East! Thanks for posting the photo.

PS shurely "Red sky at dawnING, sailors' warning"? Rhymes, see.

Edited by Athy

It's starting to cloud over here in Lincoln but still no sign of rain or snow.

Come on you lot stop hogging it all we want some.

It's starting to cloud over here in Lincoln but still no sign of rain or snow.

Come on you lot stop hogging it all we want some.

Here it comes, I'm sat in the Engine Arm in Brum waiting for a lift, and the light rain has just turned into big fluffy snowflakes. Anywhere North of here could see snow today and probably a bit further South too.

Cold as a freezer tommorow then on Monday the real fun starts......

Bah Humbug,

Hate the white stuff.......It belongs on the top of big mountains and Postcards.

Love overnight summer rain, keeps the ressies full and the scenery green !

.....but we're stocked up on food, coal, wood and beer,

Sounds great, but for anyone with a wood store, try to keep the snow out and keep the fuel dry.

And sorry to remind everyone, but each year we seem to lose a few boaters due to slipping on boat decks, pontoons and banks.

So if you're carrying coal, wood, gas bottles, or anything else difficult/heavy, please take care (especially if drinking the beer has been involved). Be mindful of the conditions and be watchful for your neighbours - e.g. if they're not so steady on their pins, do they need their gas changing before the frost comes in or snow builds up.

Finally everyone, if the snow has built up on your cabin roof - have you enough ventilation for your stove?

I'm off now to get the sledges out of the garage ready for Tuesday (that's what our forecaster promised and I'll hold her to that promise...)

Edited by Rob@BSSOffice
  • Greenie 1

Been cool & clear all day here in Nottingham. We filled with diesel on the way here Wednesday and got 125kg Taybrite from the coalman's lorry this morning. Hope it doesn't turn nasty but if it does we are 200m from Sainsbury's and as well prepared as can be!

We have seen a fair few Bizzards recently and in the Leicstershire area they have reintroduced Kate's magnificent birds. Currently moored close to a rookery fascinating to watch them coming into roost.

What, there's more than one?

Just got back from the Autosport 2013 show at the NEC, cold but no snow...............................................yet.

smiley_offtopic.gif

We are just back from the Autosport show as well, loved the live show!

As you say no snow in Solihull bar the few flakes this morning.

Driven plenty of miles today, the only snow we spotted was quite a heavy fall south of birmingham on the M5, then on the way home, i spotted snow on the high hills south of llangollen, thats it, mostly a dry but cold 580mile day