Walsall basin is deep - official

springy

Featured Posts

Well it has survived so far though it looks like it may have lost a little pressure.

IMG_1594b.jpg.6d060385920d1a47edeb479762fee757.jpg

There's also a piece in today's express & star with photo, but the online link only seems to show the headline

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/walsall/2020/11/30/canals-new-inflatable-warning/

springy 

8 minutes ago, springy said:

Well it has survived so far though it looks like it may have lost a little pressure.

IMG_1594b.jpg.6d060385920d1a47edeb479762fee757.jpg

There's also a piece in today's express & star with photo, but the online link only seems to show the headline

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/walsall/2020/11/30/canals-new-inflatable-warning/

springy 

Going by the article it seems it will stop people falling in!

21 hours ago, springy said:

I recon once the weather warms up it will explode even without outside human influence.

2 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Is it just me, or do others see a large blue cartoon style ducks head, with a big round eye and an orange beak...?

Yes that is what I thought when I first looked at that picture.

30 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Is it just me, or do others see a large blue cartoon style ducks head, with a big round eye and an orange beak...?

I hadn't noticed that, I took half a dozen pics over a couple of minutes & just chose one of them, two - the second and last are "duck like"

springy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Deep water buoy for an excavated basin, that is probably a first, but there is a very good reason for a deep water sign on the Walsall Arm, which passed beside limeworks and the bed of the canal is deep on parts and used to have signs where the limeworks once were.

The lime extraction ceased in the 19th Century but the problems of subsidence continued to occur. Subsidence in parts of the BCN is not uncommon, especially where there were coal mines. Assuming the 4ft rule is not always the best