Walsall basin is deep - official

springy

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

On the reservoirs around us there are signs 'on the side' saying 'caution deep water' and a 'life-ring' is provided.

Why would you want to make someone (with less than perfect eyesight) swim out the the middle to try and read what it says ?

Exactly what I was thinking!

How deep is “deep water”.  Are we going to see these popping (shortly before they are popped) up all over the place?  What about Telford Basin in Chester, there must be dozens of other places.

What a waste of money dreamed up by overpaid people who haven’t got a clue about the real world.

• Greenie 1

It feels like there's a joke in here somehwere. There were at least five people involved there on the day, not to mention whoever did the planning, balloon procurement, video editing and social media posting.

"How many CRT workers does it take to float a balloon in Walsall Basin?..."

4 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Unfortunately in a society where some are ready to litigate at the drop of a hat or at the very least cause a 'social media storm' when their precious one does something stupid like 'fall in' and comes to harm I guess they are just trying to mitigate.

I think you're right, that's probably their aim. The execution is really what's lacking... the time, materials and money will all be for nowt when the balloon deflates and becomes just another piece of flotsam to catch your prop on.

Edited by Ewan123

33 minutes ago, jonesthenuke said:

It will be handrails all round and a mandatory risk assessment and pre-job brief before approach the waterside soon.  We will look back fondly on the current arrangements in ten years time.

That and a big locked gate would be great, Its the only place I have moved on from late in the evening  to moor somewhere else

21 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

That and a big locked gate would be great, Its the only place I have moved on from late in the evening  to moor somewhere else

Chuffin eckers, leaving Walsall basin in late evening is like out of the frying pan into the fire....how far did you move....

34 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Chuffin eckers, leaving Walsall basin in late evening is like out of the frying pan into the fire....how far did you move....

Only to the offside moorings. We had kids, only 13-14 year olds climbing on the boat while we were onboard. I went out and they cleared off only to sit in a car with probably their big sister, windows down, flicking things out giving us the eye.

10 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Only to the offside moorings. We had kids, only 13-14 year olds climbing on the boat while we were onboard. I went out and they cleared off only to sit in a car with probably their big sister, windows down, flicking things out giving us the eye.

Lost count of the number of times we've moored there but have never had any trouble. Would add that most of those have been in the winter as maybe too cold for kids.

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

Could someone put a live webcam up, it's an absolute target for swimmers once the water gets warmer or the drunks get drunker.

i’d imagine it will also become a handy target to chuck stuff at with the intention of popping/sinking it :(