March of the Widebeams

cuthound

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, matty40s said:

They are travelling in wodges(packs) now, 2 x 12' and a big red 14' at the back, been together all winter.

20230218_154204.jpg.5d0145bb8548b4302c5c02df7b14a013.jpg

They sure have. Occasionally the red one moors on its own for a while. They like bridge 46 for some reason 

1 minute ago, dmr said:

I have noted some reference to fat boats in this thread. This is a family forum and might be read by children who are easily offended, from now on please refer to them as enormous boats.

Fear not, it will all be censored out in the future. 

I'm still getting to terms with Titty being changed to Tatty in the swallows and amazon's film.

• Happy 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Fear not, it will all be censored out in the future. 

I'm still getting to terms with Titty being changed to Tatty in the swallows and amazon's film.

Guy Gibson's dog in The Dambusters... 😞

11 minutes ago, dmr said:

I have noted some reference to fat boats in this thread. This is a family forum and might be read by children who are easily offended, from now on please refer to them as enormous boats.

More effing Hatties sounds better

3 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Trigger.

The original squadron photograph has had 'his' original name 'blacked-out'

Lat time I saw it on TV the film soundtrack had been edited too, even though it was well known as the call-sign for a successful strike on the dam by Gibson's flight...

Edited by IanD

26 minutes ago, dmr said:

Perhaps you'd prefer "fat freaks", as children of such dimensions tend to be called by other children.

Actually the best such nickname I heard during my teaching career concerned a plump girl whose surname was Foulder. The other kids called her "Boulder".

24 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I never knew that - and I was a devout Arthur Ransome fan as a boy.

Doubless there's a war film in which a bomber pilot has a dog called Emergent National.

(P.S: posts crossed).