I've given up...

MtB

Featured Posts

For once, we are having better weather up here in Scotland. We have had wall to wall sunshine for well over a week now and I am getting quite used to it! Sorry, folk down south but it is so seldom that we have better weather that I just had to mention it :-)

haggis- hoping your weather improves for when we come down to kelpie in about 10 days time!

• Greenie 2

Since buying the boat in Sept 2011, I haven't used the stove between late March and early October. I've lit it almost every night on board this year and bought 3 bags of Excel the other day.

Global warming has us in its grips?

I have come to the conclusion that narrowboats must be cold.

We have spent the last two days surrounded by sticky solid fuel stove smoke from their chimneys wafting into our boat through the open windows.

It's been too bloody hot on here to even contemplate putting the heating on!

We are moving on today so we can air the boat through and get rid of the stench.

We have spent the last two days surrounded by sticky solid fuel stove smoke from their chimneys wafting into our boat through the open windows.

We are moving on today so we can air the boat through and get rid of the stench.

Of course a tin box will be colder than an overgrown picnic cooler ;)

Well all I can say is you must have poorly insulated boats.

Not had our stove going since the end of April. I have to say that I've been surprised by the amount of narrow boats with fires going lately, we'd have been 'cooked' if I'd lit ours.

Keith

Must be loads of hot air on board from somewhere.

• Greenie 2

On the N. Welsh coast been 23+ for over a week now living in shorts & t shirts and avoiding going out round midday because of the heat. Only thing missing is a canal. icecream.gif

Come over here to Ellesmere. Same Welsh weather and a canal.

MP.

• Greenie 1

Most boats of that type have neverspacher or similar diesel heaters. Hot air is favoured as it is more instant and involves less plumbing.

I have an Eberspacher and while it's certainly not without its flaws, it will heat the boat up (and the water) a lot quicker than the wood/coal stove. (by the time i've cleaned it, loaded it up and got it going - that is) Though I wouldn't do without either. It's always nice to have a choice depending on the situation.

My stove is currently stocked up with logs for next winter. Seems like a good place to store the logs.

Edited by Armitage Shanks