Cold

blackrose

Featured Posts

Our river is lightly frozen, has been since yesterday. I say "lightly", it looks that way though no boats have passed through to test the thickness of the ice, as they're still dredging between here and the centre of the village.

There was only thin ice on the birds' drinking water container, but that's near the house and so I guess it's a bit more sheltered.

I'm not sure you can milk cats, or mice....

You can milk anything with nipples rusty.

I've never had any condensation on my house windows since I installed double glazing. Why isn't it standard on boats?

It should be, my motorhome used to have double glazing and I never suffered from condensation. Last year I tried the secondary double glazing that you shrink on with a hair-dryer, but I still got a bit of condensation and as I couldn't get to it to wipe it up the window seals went mouldy so I didn't bother this year.

is it cold, wouldnt know rayburn ticking over nicely and whispergen came on and got the radiators to 70 degrees c, as well as putting 100 amps into the batteries, and my double glazing deffo stops condensation. i will get my coat and hat clapping.gif as i have to walk the dog ha ha

minus 7 at Grove this morning , car door latches frozen solid and hand brake frozen on .. Canal frozen solid as well, sounded like we were aboard and ice breaker in the arctic this morning all creaks and bangs ... even Rufus was shivering under a blanket on the bed