What's happened to Julynian?

George94

Featured Posts

This forum & finally this fascinating thread has singlehandedly (sorry) reignighted my love hate relationship with Donuts.

In the last 6 weeks I have put on over a stone. Donuts & fat coffee stylee........... This offence is far more serious than any written word of 'Julynian'.

'Mr P Nulife' has a lot to answer for as I perceive him to be the prime candidate for 'donut' exile to the Darkside for 1 month minimum. How do you plead Sir?

(why are they so fattening........................................ as it's impossible, repeat impossible, repeat impossible, to only consume one. Akin to alcohol.

Bloody fuming me!

Damn service stations with those displays, 10,000 varieties, all of which I like, will be the death of me!

Yes.

How else do you think blind people use the internet

Richard

The first blind person I met who used the internet back in the mid 1990s had a device he called a Braille reader. I seem to recall it put a line of text at a time and raised pins to identify each character to the blind person's fingertips. The next model he had also had a keyboard with some special command keys.

I assume these are still in use?

This forum & finally this fascinating thread has singlehandedly (sorry) reignighted my love hate relationship with Donuts.

In the last 6 weeks I have put on over a stone. Donuts & fat coffee stylee........... This offence is far more serious than any written word of 'Julynian'.

'Mr P Nulife' has a lot to answer for as I perceive him to be the prime candidate for 'donut' exile to the Darkside for 1 month minimum. How do you plead Sir?

(why are they so fattening........................................ as it's impossible, repeat impossible, repeat impossible, to only consume one. Akin to alcohol.

Bloody fuming me!

Damn service stations with those displays, 10,000 varieties, all of which I like, will be the death of me!

You just haven't got the knack, if you eat them with your eyes closed, the calories don't count, as for pleading my case, I will wait for representation, (Sir Phil).

His last post included calling somebody a T word, maybe he didn't agree with it being moderated?

Purely in the cause of research, does using the T word but with the a replaced by * qualify for moderation or is that permissible?

We've benefitted from the advice of many members on this site. We're reasonably practical when pointed in the right direction, but with this being our first boat and thus a learning curve, we've needed a bit of help.

I don't feel qualified to advise on boat mechanics and electrics, so I do feel that I have little to contribute sometimes. When someone is prepared to give their advice and thus their time free of charge, it shouldn't be undervalued- Julynian was one of the people that I thought regularly offered advice and support, Mr Smelly was another who provided sound advice (although we didn't agree on toilets)biggrin.png

So there was one post where he was out of order and maybe should have backed down- I haven't read it all so can only go on what has been said- but who hasn't had a moment like that. I think it's a loss to the forum when we lose people who are qualified to offer advice

• Greenie 2

You really have a cheek junior, as someone whose benefited from helpful people like him, while not offering much in return. :angry::judge:

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

I have no recollection of benefiting from anything he said, but that makes no difference really. My opinion of him is based on his appalling treatment of other members in the 'hire boat' thread.

Oops, sorry, took so long to type the thread has moved on so ignore below, I'm talking rubbish.

OR

Try & maybe state your point as best you can without making it personal & having the the thread descending into a verbal Brawl.

Otherwise, can you imagine if someone calls someone else 'Publicly' a name, then they retaliate with a sware cuss & an UN pleasant name, So not to be out done, & to retaliate still further the instigator steps up a notch and so on.

Next you've got virtual lynch mobs forming, malicious criminal damage

being done & or Boats being set alight.

You know the sort of thing. Most of us know it's ok to be wrong or have a different point of view about things. But to publicly verbally abuse, or belittle someone for it, is imo not the best way to try & put your own point across as being any

better.

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2
  • Greenie 3

I've never really noticed Julynian before on the forum above anybody else, but having just read through the hire boat thread I have concluded that he is a complete w**k*r and good riddance.

And your contribution to this forum has been what?

Edited by cotswoldsman

In what is effectively a debating / discussion forum, as soon as one descends to issuing personal insults one has clearly lost all hope of being taken seriously or regarded with respect. I would go further and say that if the insult is not directed at the person, but merely relates to the point being made by the other party, the same applies. ie if someone makes a point and someone else counters it just by saying it is "rubbish" etc without an explanation or plausible counter argument, they might just as well say "I'm a thicko plonker" and have done with it, because that is what everyone else will think anyway.

Ed: just waiting for...

Edited by nicknorman

In what is effectively a debating / discussion forum, as soon as one descends to issuing personal insults one has clearly lost all hope of being taken seriously or regarded with respect. I would go further and say that if the insult is not directed at the person, but merely relates to the point being made by the other party, the same applies. ie if someone makes a point and someone else counters it just by saying it is "rubbish" etc without an explanation or plausible counter argument, they might just as well say "I'm a thicko plonker" and have done with it, because that is what everyone else will think anyway.

Ed: just waiting for...

Put so much better than my attempt.

And your contribution to this forum has been what?

Posted on a different thread less than an hour ago....

"Lovely looking boat, I love Les Allen boats.

Just a thought re. solar....

In about 6 weeks time solar panels will be next to useless for about 5 months, unless you are going to buy a pretty big array of panels. You might be better off buying a cheap second hand genny (asssuming you have hook up/battery charger) to get you through the winter and then buy 200w of solar in the spring.

It also sounds like you need to give your batteries a good 12-24hr on charge to get them up to 100%. From your charging regime it sounds like you are not fully charging them and they won't last long."

How's that for a start?

Last night I also brought up your "look at me" flounce off the forum last year.

I could go on.....

HEHE

Purely in the cause of research, does using the T word but with the a replaced by * qualify for moderation or is that permissible?

I am not a mod so I am the wrong person to ask. However if you directly call somebody it (which is what happened) I would say it wouldn't matter if you replace any of the characters with an asterix as the meaning is apparent any way.

Posted on a different thread less than an hour ago....

"Lovely looking boat, I love Les Allen boats.

Just a thought re. solar....

In about 6 weeks time solar panels will be next to useless for about 5 months, unless you are going to buy a pretty big array of panels. You might be better off buying a cheap second hand genny (asssuming you have hook up/battery charger) to get you through the winter and then buy 200w of solar in the spring.

It also sounds like you need to give your batteries a good 12-24hr on charge to get them up to 100%. From your charging regime it sounds like you are not fully charging them and they won't last long."

How's that for a start?

Last night I also brought up your "look at me" flounce off the forum last year.

I could go on.....

HEHE

Yes we can all have a flounce but to call someone a w@#k%r based on one thread is out of order IMO

With regards to Solar Panels not sure what panels you have but mine over the last 4 winters certainly give me plenty of power meaning I only run my engine for about 1 hour a day before Solar Panels it was about 2-3 hours a day I have not run my engine to charge batteries since February

Edited by cotswoldsman