What's happened to Julynian?

George94

Featured Posts

In what is effectively a debating / discussion forum, as soon as one descends to issuing personal insults one has clearly lost all hope of being taken seriously or regarded with respect. I would go further and say that if the insult is not directed at the person, but merely relates to the point being made by the other party, the same applies. ie if someone makes a point and someone else counters it just by saying it is "rubbish" etc without an explanation or plausible counter argument, they might just as well say "I'm a thicko plonker" and have done with it, because that is what everyone else will think anyway.

Ed: just waiting for...

That's a right load of rubbish...

MtB

(Just what you were waiting for, I guess!)

Yes we can all have a flounce but to call someone a w@#k%r based on one thread is out of order IMO

With regards to Solar Panels not sure what panels you have but mine over the last 4 winters certainly give me plenty of power meaning I only run my engine for about 1 hour a day before Solar Panels it was about 2-3 hours a day I have not run my engine to charge batteries since February

Hehe.

just waiting for...

That's a right load of rubbish...

MtB

Phew, I was getting nervous for a while, but my faith in the forum is now reaffirmed.

Hehe.

Or the politically correct version - theythey.

Edited by nicknorman

Posted on a different thread less than an hour ago....

"Lovely looking boat, I love Les Allen boats.

Just a thought re. solar....

In about 6 weeks time solar panels will be next to useless for about 5 months, unless you are going to buy a pretty big array of panels. You might be better off buying a cheap second hand genny (asssuming you have hook up/battery charger) to get you through the winter and then buy 200w of solar in the spring.

It also sounds like you need to give your batteries a good 12-24hr on charge to get them up to 100%. From your charging regime it sounds like you are not fully charging them and they won't last long."

How's that for a start?

Last night I also brought up your "look at me" flounce off the forum last year.

I could go on.....

HEHE

My solar works in the winter months, albeit not as well as in the summer. Perhaps you have the wrong controller?

Have a chat with matty40s, he can give advice.

My solar works in the winter months, albeit not as well as in the summer. Perhaps you have the wrong controller?

Had Julynian still been posting he would have also been able to give the right advise but matty40 is also very good he helped me with my solar panels 4 years ago

Seems a shame to spend money on Solar Panels and find out they are no good in the winter

I am not a mod so I am the wrong person to ask. However if you directly call somebody it (which is what happened) I would say it wouldn't matter if you replace any of the characters with an asterix as the meaning is apparent any way.

I wasn't specifically asking you, more a sort of general enquiry.

Some while ago I was referred to as a $$*$, if you know what I mean, by a respected, by some, member of the forum. When it was suggested that it was a bit strong, or something on those lines, the accuser stated that he meant twit but didn't wish to be rude. I didn't bother to pursue it at the time as I did believe that it said more about him than me. He then put me into his ignore list.

Note to Mr. Mayall. More evidence of the "little black book".

I actually believe that personal insults should be directed using the pm system if they are deemed necessary.

I don't like that idea at all. We've had occasions in the past when a individual poster has been Mr Reasonable on the forum, all sweetness and light, while at the same time sending venomous comments to one or two forum members by PM. Forum etiquette dictates that the recipents of these PMs can't respond on the open forum, so they are left with no means of expressing their frustration or commenting to the wider CWDF community about the individual's behaviour.

I don't like that idea at all. We've had occasions in the past when a individual poster has been Mr Reasonable on the forum, all sweetness and light, while at the same time sending venomous comments to one or two forum members by PM. Forum etiquette dictates that the recipents of these PMs can't respond on the open forum, so they are left with no means of expressing their frustration or commenting to the wider CWDF community about the individual's behaviour.

I disagree.

The recipient is free to post the content of the PM, then respond in public.

MtB

He did, very recently, and found that he had got through the whole of last winter on solaricecream.gif

You just haven't got the knack, if you eat them with your eyes closed, the calories don't count, as for pleading my case, I will wait for representation, (Sir Phil).

Paul is quite correct, if you can't see a Donut while eating it, the calorific content is nullified. It has something to do some scientific thingumy bob or other but its true,ahem (cough cough) trust me.

Phil

All jokes apart I did check mine one bright night and a little was going in was nearly a full moon and when I was moored close to some street lights a little was going in

I've found this as well, put it down to the fact that moonlight is just reflected sunlight, nothing worthwhile of course.

Phil

This forum & finally this fascinating thread has singlehandedly (sorry) reignighted my love hate relationship with Donuts.

May I recommend the Lazy Cow at Bancroft Basin, Stratford-on-Avon?

They do a burger... served with maple syrup... in between two donuts. Don(u)t knock it until you've tried it.

I've found this as well, put it down to the fact that moonlight is just reflected sunlight, nothing worthwhile of course.

Phil

I know but does show how little is required to start the process and that is the reason why they are ok in winter months not as good as summer but fine non the less. I am always amazed when people say they are no good for 5 months of the year!!! Certainly not my experience Edited by cotswoldsman

May I recommend the Lazy Cow at Bancroft Basin, Stratford-on-Avon?

They do a burger... served with maple syrup... in between two donuts. Don(u)t knock it until you've tried it.

Oh no! The insidious donut forces must be taking over my mind. That actually sounds appetizing.

Some while ago I was referred to as a $$*$, if you know what I mean, by a respected, by some, member of the forum. When it was suggested that it was a bit strong, or something on those lines, the accuser stated that he meant twit but didn't wish to be rude. I didn't bother to pursue it at the time as I did believe that it said more about him than me. He then put me into his ignore list.

Not quite sure why you would wish to send a note to me.

Not quite sure why you would wish to send a note to me.