What's happened to Julynian?

George94

Featured Posts

And your contribution to this forum has been what?

He has taken loads, both advice and tangible help. To this date he has given nothing in return.

Julyian has gone to great lengths to personally help me and give good advice to many.

Junior's comment is more a reflection of his selfishness than on Julyian.

• Greenie 2

. Some times Martin you really do need to take a little peak in the mirror at your not so pleasant self or maybe go to bed and get a good nights sleep you might not be so grumpy ,it can't be good for anyone sitting at there keyboard at 4.49 am spitting feathers when there's know one there to argue with

...and the same could be said right back at you given you are one of the most unpleasant contributors to the forum. It is not 'spitting feathers' it is responding to some direct unpleasantness.

If the poster concerned can think she can just post what she likes and it won't elicit a response then I am afraid she and you are both incorrect.

As to the time of my posting, well I would explain it but frankly that is none of your business either.

...and the same could be said right back at you given you are one of the most unpleasant contributors to the forum. It is not 'spitting feathers' it is responding to some direct unpleasantness.

If the poster concerned can think she can just post what she likes and it won't elicit a response then I am afraid she and you are both incorrect.

As to the time of my posting, well I would explain it but frankly that is none of your business either.

. I think that is one of your best pot calling kettle black moments ever sadly I,m off to work and suggest you get some sleep and try the other side of the bed when you alight

. I think that is one of your best pot calling kettle black moments ever sadly I,m off to work and suggest you get some sleep and try the other side of the bed when you alight

Nicely demonstrating my point, cheers.

Meanwhile I am having a nice lie in, as I don't have to go to work these days, enjoy your stint.

As a complete novice and newbie on these forums, I am adding my pennyworth from a impartial distance.

In my experience everyone has a kick in their step some more acceptable than others most of the great geniuses and all round clever sods were arrogant or insular or otherwise inflicted,so on a minor level are we all I don't think I had a lot to do with Julynian but reading his offerings I was hoping for his input in certain things I was going to ask, yes he was cantankerous hey ho that's his way you just have to sort the wheat from the chaff and ignore the nonsense.

To take it back to a doughnut analogue:

doughnuts taste divine, but they are bad for me do I get the doughnut shop closed.

As a complete novice and newbie on these forums, I am adding my pennyworth from a impartial distance.

In my experience everyone has a kick in their step some more acceptable than others most of the great geniuses and all round clever sods were arrogant or insular or otherwise inflicted,so on a minor level are we all I don't think I had a lot to do with Julynian but reading his offerings I was hoping for his input in certain things I was going to ask, yes he was cantankerous hey ho that's his way you just have to sort the wheat from the chaff and ignore the nonsense.

doughnuts taste divine, but they are bad for me do I get the doughnut shop closed.

Good luck with trying to close the doughnut shop, they will just go underground!....

You should have learned by now this is a very dangerous subject and the spelling is wrong, the experts will be along shortly to correct you, as that is not the way it should be spelled on this forum.......you have been warned

Good luck with trying to close the doughnut shop, they will just go underground!....

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!! another......Paul! Phil! where are you???

Having followed this thread for a while a couple of points seem to be being skipped lightly over.

1. As far as we know it was the choice of Julynian to leave the forum they weren't thrown off.

2. As far as I could see from the insurance thread the only problem was they held one view and many members held another and repeatedly pointed that out.

3. Yes they will be a loss to the forum but if an individual decides they have a reason for leaving e.g. they think the rest of the forum is wrong and they can't convince them otherwise, there is nothing we can do about it. As far as I can see they only way that this could have been avoided would have been for a large number of people to think oh we mustn't upset them I will say they are right.

Then the information being given on the forum couldn't be trusted and most of the value of the forum would slowly be eroded.

• Greenie 1

Hi ya isatis,

Oh where do I start !

Our underground DONUT storage facility in a secret location has had to pretend it's some sort of 'collider' thingymajig, & last time some Simone tried closing a Donut shop was in Poland in 1939,, Caused such a stir !.

angry.png

Have you thought of commandeering some of the ex WWII food storage warehouses or Residual Seat of Government bunkers (if there are any left?)

I don't know if it is still there but there was one near Stratford Upon Avon near the railway station, food storage depot that is.

Just looked on Google Earth, it has been demolished and is now a Morrisons.

An alternative is the bunker at Hack Green.

Edited by Ray T

Having followed this thread for a while a couple of points seem to be being skipped lightly over.

1. As far as we know it was the choice of Julynian to leave the forum they weren't thrown off.

2. As far as I could see from the insurance thread the only problem was they held one view and many members held another and repeatedly pointed that out.

3. Yes they will be a loss to the forum but if an individual decides they have a reason for leaving e.g. they think the rest of the forum is wrong and they can't convince them otherwise, there is nothing we can do about it. As far as I can see they only way that this could have been avoided would have been for a large number of people to think oh we mustn't upset them I will say they are right.

Then the information being given on the forum couldn't be trusted and most of the value of the forum would slowly be eroded.

Pretty sure G&F confirmed 1 as indeed the case, it was an issue of choice.

As for 2 well not quite, yes a particular view was being held but it was the way a couple of other members were referred to that caused an additional problem.

As for 3, yes agree totally, especially the latter bit.

Edited by The Dog House

Have you thought of commandeering some of the ex WWII food storage warehouses or Residual Seat of Government bunkers (if there is any left?)

I don't know if it is still there but there was one near Stratford Upon Avon near the railway station.

Just looked on Google Earth, it has been demolished and is now a Morrisons.

An alternative is the bunker at Hack Green.

That's ok! they have quite respectable donuts!

Yes you are right it was his choice and hopefully he will be back soon his advice will be missed by many especially new members that will be joining. Why so e feel the need to go down the name calling road baffles me, might be the fact that Julynian actually knew what he was talking about when it came to subjects like Solar Panels

Yes he disagreed with most people's concept of legal liabilities and may have been right, but instead of citing laws, websites etc to support his case he verbally abused posters contradicting him.

There were definitely discussions with mods, so I think his leaving was not so clear cut. Perhaps an undertaking was requested from him to stop abusing posters which he was unwilling to give so it was agreed he's leave, or something like that. Pure speculation on my part though.

MtB

At last, another follower of the True Doughnut

We shall form a collective devoted to the spherical, jam filled, sugar dusted Doughnut and crush the followers of the American abbreviated abominations

Richard

We shall form a collective devoted to the spherical, jam filled, sugar dusted Doughnut and crush the followers of the American abbreviated abominations

Richard

I quite agree I can't stand the creeping Americanisation of English.

Richard

IS THIS A SCHISM I SEE BEFORE ME ?

I quite agree I can't stand the creeping Americanisation of English.

Nor me.

And a quick factoid about the abominable American donut:

Did you know, Krispy Kreme Donuts count towards the 'five a day' diet of fruit and vegetable portions the government exhorts us all to eat?

This is because there is SO MUCH vegetable fat in them!

biggrin.png

MtB

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

Hi ya isatis,

Oh where do I start !

Our underground DONUT storage facility in a secret location has had to pretend it's some sort of 'collider' thingymajig, & last time some Simone tried closing a Donut shop was in Poland in 1939,, Caused such a stir !.

angry.png

Of course we do have a fall back plan B so to speak, we have been able to lease/purchase some redundant bunkers left over from the Cold War, so in fact we do have ample storage dotted around the country.

Phil