What's happened to Julynian?

George94

Featured Posts

Now - when I were a lad, in the far, far, north east of Scotlaaand, these hole-less concoctions were doughnuts. The things now referred to as doughnuts were called doughrings.

And that is logical, and how it should be. They are a ringggggg.

As for this bastardization of a word donuts - pah!

Full of jam

This is deffo the finest thread for ages and ages cloud9.gif

its getting better

That is a photo from last year when their boat was craned into the water, although Julynians wife has been on FB recently asking on advice about taking a WB up to Scotland, so I guess they are thinking of moving up there.

Let me tell you about a Bonus from Tesco, a while back with our on-line shop we ordered 1/2doz custard donuts. When our order arrived they had substituted the custard donuts for jam. I declined to accept the substitution and the driver said "you might as well keep them as because they are a fresh bakery product they cannot go back on sale. So we got FREE DONUTS!!

Phil

Let me tell you about a Bonus from Tesco, a while back with our on-line shop we ordered 1/2doz custard donuts. When our order arrived they had substituted the custard donuts for jam. I declined to accept the substitution and the driver said "you might as well keep them as because they are a fresh bakery product they cannot go back on sale. So we got FREE DONUTS!!

Phil

I'm tempted to try that, but with my luck the custard ones would be in stock and they ain't my favourite (not that I wouldn't eat them you understand)

This Thread is way off Topic, so in order to restore some balance -

I wonder if Julynian liked Donuts !.

Keeping things on topic...

Since you spoke of Julynian in the past tense like that it made me wonder, do they make doughnut shaped tombstones? For aficionados of the circular treat, what better way to spend eternity than under one.

It's amazing the levels some people will stoop to for free doughnuts!....

Across burning deserts, through wild and dangerous jungles, fighting through hordes of screaming savages, we do all this for FREE DONUTS.

Phil

I remember when I lived in London in the early 80's going into a wonderous place in Shepherds Bush called the Donut Diner and you could order Donuts in any of about 80 flavours/fillings, Bliss

Phil

I suggest you're 'embellishing the truth' (!)

Tesco do not sell donuts. - - They ONLY sell doughnuts!