What's happened to Julynian?

George94

Featured Posts

You can't change your name to ex-member.

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showuser=5430

Ex- Member Member Since 29 Mar 2008

OFFLINE Last Active Aug 13 2014 11:57 AM

What's on your mind?Updated 20 Jun · 1 comments
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar_off.png

Community Stats

• GroupEx-Member
  • Active Posts6,556
  • Profile Views10,473
  • Member TitleLong Standing Member
  • AgeAge Unknown
  • BirthdayBirthday Unknown
Edited by Ray T

I wasn't being clear.

You can't change your group to 'ex-member'

Last time I looked his username was still 'Julyian'

Edited by The Dog House

I wasn't being clear.

You can't change your group to 'ex-member'

Last time I looked his username was still 'Julyian'

But presumably the mods can and he must have asked them to. He did seem to get a major and irrational rant on about the suing the hire company vs the driver thing, maybe he has worked out he needs to get a life, unlike the rest of us!

No his username is "Ex- Member", and if you look at the name history it records the change from Julynian to Ex- Member.

As you normally have to ask a mod to change a username (I think!) perhaps a mod changed it?

Edited by alan_fincher

So, if I change my user name to 'Simon'

Does that automatically mean I belong to a group called 'Simon'?

Work it out people, it's not really difficult.

No,

and his username and group are now Ex-Member and Ex-Member. Try the link Ray T posted

Richard

No,

and his username and group are now Ex-Member and Ex-Member. Try the link Ray T posted

Richard

Ok I give up.

I suggest people have a look at the forum warn system, and try and work out what has happened.

No,

Richard

Well being pedantic, his group is "Ex-Member", but his user-name changed to "Ex- Member", (with a space after the dash).

I can't recall any other Ex-Member also having their name changed in this way.

Well being pedantic, his group is "Ex-Member", but his user-name changed to "Ex- Member", (with a space after the dash).

I can't recall any other Ex-Member also having their name changed in this way.

Ta dahhhhh....

If he's been banned, then the right thing to do would be for the mods to clarify/confirm it. Otherwise, we'll never know, and there is no clear way for others to associate his actions and his departure (or otherwise). Another possibility is he's got really upset and asked a mod to "delete everything to do with his identity" off the forum, and renaming the username is a way to do this. Are his posts still intact? Quoted posts? It would be a heck of a job to go through all the quoted stuff and have to remove it, after all...

If he's been banned, then the right thing to do would be for the mods to clarify/confirm it. Otherwise, we'll never know, and there is no clear way for others to associate his actions and his departure (or otherwise). Another possibility is he's got really upset and asked a mod to "delete everything to do with his identity" off the forum, and renaming the username is a way to do this. Are his posts still intact? Quoted posts? It would be a heck of a job to go through all the quoted stuff and have to remove it, after all...

Exactly. That is why they won't delete everything.

I guess one of the mods has discovered you can move somebody to the 'ex members' group and keep their posts intact.

OK, I'm being thick. Please spell it out for me

Richard

I don't know but

Exactly. That is why they won't delete everything.

I guess one of the mods has discovered you can move somebody to the 'ex members' group and keep their posts intact.

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=50489&p=941207

So the problem with that is whilst his own posts are now anonymous, every time his post was quoted it still says Julynian.

Anyway, I don't think he did anything to get banned, more likely a self-execution.

Flounce

Richard

So the problem with that is whilst his own posts are now anonymous, every time his post was quoted it still says Julynian.

Anyway, I don't think he did anything to get banned, more likely a self-execution.

Three warnings in 6 months lead to a ban, as does 1 serious infraction.

It is quite easy to accrue warnings on here if you are 'forthright' in your posting style.