What's happened to Julynian?

George94

Featured Posts

mrsmelly was always the first (or at the latest the 2nd) to advise everybody on their choise of toilet, as for him there was only one worth talking about, and having.

Peter.

I did chuckle the first time I ever met Tim, because he was actually wheeling his cassette to the Elsan at Lemonroyd Marina and muttering about the superiority of cassette toilets while he was doing it. It was because of this I immediately recognised who it was.

A decent, knowledgeable and helpful chap.

Without fear?? You don't half come out with some twaddle at times.

Your relatively new to this site, and I would suggest you hardly knew the poster, to accuse him of creating "fear" is utterly dramatic and downright silly. How totally abusive of you stating "those type of people". Totall hypocrisy.

Erm, much as I disagree with Paul C's sentiment - this response seems to be totally disproportionate, and plain wrong. "Fear of being abused/shot down/ridiculed" verbally is hardly the same as "creating fear" in the context of a state of alarm or dread, as you seem to be implying. Also since when has "those type of people" been a form of abuse without some sort of qualification ?

Or were you being ironic?

Edited by billS
  • Greenie 1

Erm, much as I disagree with Paul C's sentiment - this response seems to be totally disproportionate, and plain wrong. "Fear of bieng abused/shot down/ridiculed" verbally is hardly the same as "creating fear" in the context of a state of alarm or dread, as you seem to be implying. Also since when has "those type of people" been a form of abuse without some sort of qualification ?

Or were you being ironic?

I found it abusive, do we now have to debate my leaning to that thought?

I found it abusive, do we now have to debate my leaning to that thought?

Not really - your sensitivities are your own. It's just your skewed use of language that I was challenging.

I hope you don't find that abusive...

I thought the claiming from the hire company was comedy gold. Didn't post in it but I read it. It was as though the man was having a mental breakdown and expressing his pain through the medium of a canal forum.

It was a 'hot button' of his.

ISTR there was a virtually identical thread a couple of years back where he peddled the same silly misinformation with only a little less aggression and abuse.

MtB

I thought the claiming from the hire company was comedy gold. Didn't post in it but I read it. It was as though the man was having a mental breakdown and expressing his pain through the medium of a canal forum.

You see, iI just have to go and read it now from the Beginning !. I will put the Kettle on & break out the Donuts.

Is there software for blind people which reads out forum topics?

Might be quite an interesting way to view a forum ?

Yes.

How else do you think blind people use the internet

Richard

Its a s++t job but someone has to do it laugh.png

clapping.gif

Actually I don't mind, I take most opportunities to have a little wander,

It's Very windy though (Deceivingly so), swell is

building, Sky is menacing & currently doing a good job of blocking the beautiful blue sky and

Sun above that.But am 3 mile off, Drifting nicely

with 'Ray' at the helm & I'm having a cuppa, whilst Nulife is having a 5 minute Dump !. So not so bad.

clapping.gif

Actually I don't mind, I take most opportunities to have a little wander,

It's Very windy though (Deceivingly so), swell is

building, Sky is menacing & currently doing a good job of blocking the beautiful blue sky and

Sun above that.But am 3 mile off, Drifting nicely

with 'Ray' at the helm & I'm having a cuppa, whilst Nulife is having a 5 minute Dump !. So not so bad.

Hi Paul, I guess the nice thing about "Ray" is that he doesn't eat Donuts, how often do you have to take Nulife out for a dump?

Phil

I've never really noticed Julynian before on the forum above anybody else, but having just read through the hire boat thread I have concluded that he is a complete w**k*r and good riddance.

You're free to think whatever you want about other forum-members (or ex-), but to write what you just wrote doesn't show the slightest bit of respect towards someone who often gave lots of interesting information that has been very useful.

You're of course not obliged to agree with someone elses writing, but you're also not obliged to read it all if you don't agree with it, just to avoid getting upset and then write bad things about someone who doesn't participate anymore.

Peter.

• Greenie 2

I wonder if it would be possible to do an anonymous poll of who thinks who is a tosser. On the forum. It would probably be rather elaborate but might be quite eye opening.

I suppose it could be bordering on cyber-bullying so best leave it.

Hi Paul, I guess the nice thing about "Ray" is that he doesn't eat Donuts, how often do you have to take Nulife out for a dump?

Phil

Hi ya Matey,

It is Cider, Donut, & Weather dependant, but I try & go out for a run every 7-10 days anyway, But the tank would easily last a month or so. & to be fair & Honest, I could 'I suppose' just go to the Harbour entrance if the weather was Crappy,

The Tide races through at 6Kts or more !, there. & Even if I was to do that, it's about 99% more than most of the other (Non Commercial) boats

moored at the Marinas or on the River seam to

do imo !. But if Particularly horrible for weeks n weeks, I can ofcourse use the Marina Facilities when I Fuel up, The Marina Disposal Point, & Decant. (& Yes it's normal here, & not to be confused with the type of Self Pumpout Problems that seem to attract so much attention on the Inland water ways). Or the Pumpout Facilities at the Boat Yard 500mts Down from me (£12.00) So Spoiled for choise

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2