What's happened to Julynian?

George94

Featured Posts

Not quite sure why you would wish to send a note to me.

Not quite sure why you would wish to send a note to me.

Well, firstly to have the pleasure of reading your posts in stereo and secondly because you are of the opinion I have a little black book to enable me to exercise my venomous tongue and I thought you might like to make another similar comment. Just trying to be helpful.

Well, firstly to have the pleasure of reading your posts in stereo and secondly because you are of the opinion I have a little black book to enable me to exercise my venomous tongue and I thought you might like to make another similar comment. Just trying to be helpful.

You really can be sanctimonious sometimes...

Blimey, how on earth do you make that out?

I just read your posts. Your idiotic reference to comments being posted being made 'in stereo' when it's easy to double post on here would be a start.

I think this thread should be locked, before someone else leaves, the inane bickering is getting ridiculous.

Other threads are available if this one is getting too hairy for you. .....

I've never really noticed Julynian before on the forum above anybody else, but having just read through the hire boat thread I have concluded that he is a complete w**k*r and good riddance.

Well, that is a judgment based on very partial evidence.

He posted a great deal about boat fitting-out, and more recently about solar panels and how to mount them. The hire-boat thread, which I didn't read, was not characteristic of him (from what I have gleaned).

Life is not black an white. It's many shades of grey, and Julynian (except perhaps in hire boat threads) will be missed by those who frequent the DIY parts of the forum.

I suppose you mean the word game thread?

No I mean other threads are available.

I have long since lost interest in the word game threads so I have no idea if you will be fine there or not.

I know but does show how little is required to start the process and that is the reason why they are ok in winter months not as good as summer but fine non the less. I am always amazed when people say they are no good for 5 months of the year!!! Certainly not my experience

They are less good. If you only have enough solar for June and July, they will definitely be close to no good at all. The secret is to have enough for 9 months of the year (March to November); then you won't have to run the genny/main engine TOO much in winter.

I believe you have 1,000 watts. As a frugal single man, that's probably Ok for most of they year, especially as you do actually move.

Eulogy for Julian Cox

I found some (many?) of Julyian's posts very informative and useful but he did have habit of insisting that he was 'right', even challenging with (mild?) abuse or stupid disclaimers advice or improvements suggested by better qualified members. e.g. Insisting his brass terminal studs embedded in (ply)wood are adequately insulated because he varnished the wood.

He actively persued his campaigns for his hobbyhorses, inserting derogatory comments between his oft pasted, repeated text. He contributed thousands of posts not only here, in Canalworld, but in Blogs, and other Social Media. Fitting out a boat whilst living off-grid on the canal and running a (removal & storage) business will take its toll. There is not enough time to help everyone. There lies madness; addiction to the Internet can result in a lack of attention to family, business and healthy leisure pursuits.

I have been much more upset (annoyed) when Tony Brooks presented a clear analyis of a problem and the logical steps required only to be answered by a clueless OP in derogatory terms.

I am not the most knowedgable member of this forum, I have only boated on the canal for 28 years, previously motoring/dinghy sailing in the Solent. I am a retired computer engineer; logic, electro/mechanical, low V DC (e.g. 2V@200A), three phase 440V AC and high voltage 100KV+ and I know when a post has a ring of truth.

RIP, Julian and partner - your personal life and business will benefit from your absence from CWDF and all other Social Media. Your research was good but your understanding poor. I hope you are reading this and will contribute in future.

Alan

Edited by Alan Saunders
  • Greenie 4

I believe so, much more classy than a public "I'm leaving the forum because of blah blah blah...." only to return 6 months later.

6 months! I know of at least one forum member who has twriled his petticoats in an incadescent rage, sent vitriolic PMs and then returned within a few days smile.png (three times by my reckoning - an impressive score smile.png)

I'm just catching up on this thread - on page 2 of 9 and looking forward to adding further comments when I feel fit

Errr...

Who do you think the combative and opinionated poster "EmmaB" is then, who showed up here around about the time dear Mr Pink faded away?

MtB

Now you're being silly. EmmaB never had the wit or intelligence of Chris Pink. I might not have always agreed with his opinions but I always respected his intelligence and debtaing skills, both lacking in EmmaB.

Edited by Ange

Now you're being silly. EmmaB never had the wit or intelligence of Chris Pink. I might not have always agreed with his opinions but I always respected his intelligence and debtaing skills, both lacking in EmmaB.

Really - did you never spot that EmmaB is a derivative anagram of Chris Pink?

This is going to become a very bland and boring forum if all the colourful and opinionated characters disappear.

I don't mean the ones who are total arses, they seem to pop up and disappear quickly, but the ones who have good knowledge and experience to pass on and are generally helpful, but have some views which are contrary to the forum orthodoxy, and robust debating styles.

I disagreed with lots of stuff that Chris P, Julynian, Gibbo etc said, and sometimes especially the manner in which they said it, but the forum is much poorer for their absence in my opinion.

Agreed.

I'd offer the alternative opinion that now those kind of people have gone, its allowed more people to post without fear of being abused/shot down/ridiculed, this the forum is a richer place for their disappearance.

I offer an alternative opinion that the folk most rejoicing are those that will attack / shoot down/ ridicule people and this is one less person to hold an opinion contrary to theirs.I await those folk to shoot down and ridicule me for my opinion - bring it on and prove my point smile.png (I've been on the forum for a few years now and have broad shoulders - I worry for the newbies sad.png)

• Greenie 1

I have to agree and can I add mrsmelly to that list a very experienced boater who's advise was very good I am sure I can think of a lot more but it is early in the morning.

Agreed re Mrsmelly - a wealth of experience to offer to the forum but a large dose of silliness on his part to depart. I've tried to convince him otherwise but he is a man of very fixed views.

A great shame.

It’s sad that people that actually have experience , knowledge and something to say are leaving the forum. On the other hand, the ones that bought of-the-shelf boat with nothing to say, with contributions that many times ends up with the thread being locked are all well ! This forum is becoming more and more old geezer’s mutual admiration club. So now all of you criticizing Julynian go and contribute putting another post in the “word game thread”. Julynian – thanks for all the posts and all the best !

Doing me best to combat that mate - it's a tough job sometimes! smile.png

I disagree.

The recipient is free to post the content of the PM, then respond in public.

MtB

No.

Daniel has made his views on PMs very clear. They are private. If you have any issues with PMs sent to you then report them rather than grandstanding and posting them on the forum.

The law may state otherwise but this is Daniel's playground you are playing in and you play by his rules or create your own playground.

Edited by Ange

6 months! I know of at least one forum member who has twriled his petticoats in an incadescent rage, sent vitriolic PMs and then returned within a few days smile.png (three times by my reckoning - an impressive score smile.png)

Once again you claim to want to make the forum a more friendly place (you have even done it in this thread, again) but you can't resist being thoroughly unpleasant. If you really want to make the forum so why do you pepper it with unprovoked unpleasantness?, all of that was years ago yet you cannot resist digging it all up in the interests of 'having a go'. Just like your recent unpleasantness in the BSP birthday thread. You don't even have the 'where with all' to actually name who you are having a go at, you just make it obvious by way of your veiled but 'directed' comments. It's a bit like school yard sniggering and pointing.

You really are one of the biggest hypocrites I have ever come across, not only do you recently plead 'victim' of unpleasantness and snide comments but you also do not seem to have the intelligence to work out why I was and am robust in responding to your constant sniping. It's not rocket science just cease and I will stop responding to your totally unprovoked and snide posts, which of course you claim you cannot see unless somebody quotes me (with me supposedly being on your ignore list - which we all know is actually rubbish).

The forum really would be a better place without some of the unpleasantness that goes on sometimes but it will take everybody who contributes to that unpleasantness to cease, that includes those who claim they want to make it a better place but in reality contribute actively to it not being so.

BTW - You talk about vitriolic PM's - how about vitriolic posts? Anybody that can post about wanting to 'spit' at somebodies Avatar whenever they saw it gets the prize in my book.

Doing me best to combat that mate - it's a tough job sometimes! smile.png

Then you really need to try and practice what you preach.

May I recommend the Lazy Cow at Bancroft Basin, Stratford-on-Avon?

They do a burger... served with maple syrup... in between two donuts. Don(u)t knock it until you've tried it.

Surely you need to smoke a big bag of weed before dreaming up that as a munchie? Shakespeare would not approve!

A Lemon curd & banana 'slightly' toasted sandwich was my 3am snack of choice in 1986, after too many Diamond White's.

Once again you claim to want to make the forum a more friendly place (you have even done it in this thread, again) but you can't resist being thoroughly unpleasant. If you really want to make the forum so why do you pepper it with unprovoked unpleasantness?, all of that was years ago yet you cannot resist digging it all up in the interests of 'having a go'. Just like your recent unpleasantness in the BSP birthday thread. You don't even have the 'where with all' to actually name who you are having a go at, you just make it obvious by way of your veiled but 'directed' comments. It's a bit like school yard sniggering and pointing.You really are one of the biggest hypocrites I have ever come across, not only do you recently plead 'victim' of unpleasantness and snide comments but you also do not seem to have the intelligence to work out why I was and am robust in responding to your constant sniping. It's not rocket science just cease and I will stop responding to your totally unprovoked and snide posts, which of course you claim you cannot see unless somebody quotes me (with me supposedly being on your ignore list - which we all know is actually rubbish).The forum really would be a better place without some of the unpleasantness that goes on sometimes but it will take everybody who contributes to that unpleasantness to cease, that includes those who claim they want to make it a better place but in reality contribute actively to it not being so.BTW - You talk about vitriolic PM's - how about vitriolic posts? Anybody that can post about wanting to 'spit' at somebodies Avatar whenever they saw it gets the prize in my book.Then you really need to try and practice what you preach.

. Some times Martin you really do need to take a little peak in the mirror at your not so pleasant self or maybe go to bed and get a good nights sleep you might not be so grumpy ,it can't be good for anyone sitting at there keyboard at 4.49 am spitting feathers when there's know one there to argue with
  • Greenie 3