What's happened to Julynian?

George94

Featured Posts

I'm afraid if people are discussing it on Facebook in the background as in behind our backs then that rather re-enforces my thoughts about this so called 'waterways community'. It just shows really how unpleasant people can be, after all as I say again what has any body's disagreement with Martin got to do with me? The answer to that is nothing. Using it as a way of attacking him or trying to gain some sort of one upmanship over him at my expense is utterly unbelievable, and would only show the person who did that as the truly horrible person they are.

Many things can be changed, but human nature has proven time and time again that it's here to stay.

As for the reference to the waterway community, it's the same as anything else, you tend to get back what you put in.

I'm afraid if people are discussing it on Facebook in the background as in behind our backs then that rather re-enforces my thoughts about this so called 'waterways community'. It just shows really how unpleasant people can be, after all as I say again what has any body's disagreement with Martin got to do with me? The answer to that is nothing. Using it as a way of attacking him or trying to gain some sort of one upmanship over him at my expense is utterly unbelievable, and would only show the person who did that as the truly horrible person they are.

But he didn't do it to attack Martin. Quite the reverse, in fact. True, it would have been better left unsaid altogether, but surely it is the people on Facebook you should be attacking.

In a perfect world, of course, the idiocy that is Facebook (and Twitter) would not exist.

If people want to get all agitated why don't they do it on farsebook instead and leave canal world for discussing boat type issues and things.

I have found with Facebook you have to choose very carefully what groups you join there are some very good groups that are very useful and friendly Facebook certainly can be a right pain but like all these things the good people certainly outweigh the idiots

Hear hear. Well said. This place is for boating squabbles.

MtB

Totally agree! personally in spite of pressure from friends and family I refuse to use facebook or twitter thingys, I don't wish to know when someone blows their nose or wipes their arse. This forum should be for the really important things in life, boating and donuts (or doughnuts if you prefer)

Totally agree! personally in spite of pressure from friends and family I refuse to use facebook or twitter thingys, I don't wish to know when someone blows their nose or wipes their arse. This forum should be for the really important things in life, boating and donuts (or doughnuts if you prefer)

That is why this thread has gone to 11 pages, the important things in life.

Edit

Maybe this thread should be moved to the pub.? it not about general boating any more.

Edited by ditchcrawler

But he didn't do it to attack Martin. Quite the reverse, in fact. True, it would have been better left unsaid altogether, but surely it is the people on Facebook you should be attacking.

In a perfect world, of course, the idiocy that is Facebook (and Twitter) would not exist.

Sorry, my post may not be totally clear. I wasn't saying Jenlyn did. He referred to the possibility of the fact it was being discussed on Facebook may result in it coming up on here. My comments were directed at anybody who may have subsequently done that, if that makes better sense.

Sorry, my post may not be totally clear. I wasn't saying Jenlyn did. He referred to the possibility of the fact it was being discussed on Facebook may result in it coming up on here. My comments were directed at anybody who may have subsequently done that, if that makes better sense.

Yes, it does.

Cheers.

I used to work in a place where in the tea-break room many were scared to leave first, as they knew that the remaining workers would then immediately start talking about them as soon as they had gone - and this was true!

I'm not sure if I should Log Off now.... or hang around a bit longer...! ;)

Agree - in my view the argument is generally lost when the posters adopt an aggressive tone - as in the ongoing spat between Ange and TDH

Its interesting that you refer to it as an 'on going spat'. The simple fact is I don't normally respond to her or her posts, but very occasionally I will see an indirect reference to me along with some derogatory comments. This is why I don't have her on ignore, so that I can keep an eye on what she is saying and posting.

I only ever post in response to her often oblique references to either me, my posts or something that has happened years ago on the forum (as in the most recent cases). If those references to me were to cease then the 'on going spat' would come to an end. It really is that simple as I wouldn't bother responding to anything else she posts therefore any future disagreement between me and her is never going to happen.

Its interesting that you refer to it as an 'on going spat'. The simple fact is I don't normally respond to her or her posts, but very occasionally I will see an indirect reference to me along with some derogatory comments. This is why I don't have her on ignore, so that I can keep an eye on what she is saying and posting.I only ever post in response to her often oblique references to either me, my posts or something that has happened years ago on the forum (as in the most recent cases). If those references to me were to cease then the 'on going spat' would come to an end. It really is that simple as I wouldn't bother responding to anything else she posts therefore any future disagreement between me and her is never going to happen.

I think if you can't take, don't dish.

Whilst you frequently dish it out, you consequently struggle when receiving some back. Answer? Don't dish it in the first place...

• Greenie 3

I think if you can't take, don't dish.

Whilst you frequently dish it out, you consequently struggle when receiving some back. Answer? Don't dish it in the first place...

That is my point, in her case I don't, which is why I object when she does. I have ceased interacting with her other than I set out above a long time ago.

If it was say between you and me then I could understand it because we both give as good as we get, to each other.

That is my point, in her case I don't, which is why I object when she does. I have ceased interacting with her other than I set out above a long time ago.If it was say between you and me then I could understand it because we both give as good as we get, to each other.

I don't really see the point in dragging ange into this.

Other than Tuscan's reference, I see no other link, (if you get my drift). ;-)

How can I put this without upsetting someone

I will try

A recent post was made with an alleged reference, I did not make that reference connection, until, the alleged referenced person mentioned that it was reference to them.

Are you still with me rolleyes.gif

Sometimes it is better to keep your mouth (keyboard) shut, get my drift.

Have a nice day.

2. As far as I could see from the insurance thread the only problem was they held one view and many members held another and repeatedly pointed that out.

The problem wasn't that he held a different view and repeatedly pointed it out, it was the way he did so by verbally abusing other members and generally posting in such an aggressive tone towards them.

The sad thing (I've just read as much of the thread as I could be bothered to) is that both sides were right.

You don't avoid legal liability for something just because you are hiring a boat, but at the same time the operators carry the insurance, and therefore accept some/most liability.

So Julyninan was right to say go after the hire company, and the others were right to say the person in charge of the boat was legally liable.

Pity I didn't see the thread. So much unpleasantness could have been avoided! :lol:

The sad thing (I've just read as much of the thread as I could be bothered to) is that both sides were right.

You don't avoid legal liability for something just because you are hiring a boat, but at the same time the operators carry the insurance, and therefore accept some/most liability.

So Julyninan was right to say go after the hire company, and the others were right to say the person in charge of the boat was legally liable.

Pity I didn't see the thread. So much unpleasantness could have been avoided! :lol:

Oh god, don't start that again!