What's happened to Julynian?

George94

Featured Posts

I'd stopped following this topic, then I returned wondering how it had got so long and discovered it's been hijacked by the doughnut fans.

The rot appears to have set in when Jerra mentioned them in post #226... personally I'm not a fan of deep-frying and prefer other cakes and biscuits. I made a batch of citrus spice biscuits late yesterday, very nice they are too.

Julynian? Who? Wasn't he something to do with doughnuts? That is how he'll be remembered on the forum.

• Greenie 1

I'd stopped following this topic, then I returned wondering how it had got so long and discovered it's been hijacked by the doughnut fans.

The rot appears to have set in when Jerra mentioned them in post #226... personally I'm not a fan of deep-frying and prefer other cakes and biscuits. I made a batch of citrus spice biscuits late yesterday, very nice they are too.

Julynian? Who? Wasn't he something to do with doughnuts? That is how he'll be remembered on the forum.

Yes, a greenie for that!

The regulars here are as childish as the MPs in the House of Commons. They shout, jeer and talk down a topic until it expires if it does not suit their 'party line'.

Julian, for all his faults, was a valued contributer to this forum but he was not, to my knowledge, a member of the do(nut) party. He reiterated his views ad-nauseum and decended to interspersed insults. I am certain that he and many of us will lead a happier and more fulfilled life without CWDF.

Look at his profile rating: four stars and hundreds of 'greenies'; I was -7, yes minus seven until recently.

Alan

Yes, a greenie for that!

The regulars here are as childish as the MPs in the House of Commons. They shout, jeer and talk down a topic until it expires if it does not suit their 'party line'.

Julian, for all his faults, was a valued contributer to this forum but he was not, to my knowledge, a member of the do(nut) party. He reiterated his views ad-nauseum and decended to interspersed insults. I am certain that he and many of us will lead a happier and more fulfilled life without CWDF.

Look at his profile rating: four stars and hundreds of 'greenies'; I was -7, yes minus seven until recently.

Alan

You are correct sir, We do not consider bitter interpersonal disputes or name calling should be allowed to come between ourselves and our sugar fix. We, the association of sweetmeat consumers, decry any who would name call unless it be in the cause of baking icecream.gif

HMMMMMM! citrus spice biscuits !!! an interesting item. maybe it should be investigated......where does he live.....oh there!

Edited by John V

Have just read about 8 pages of this thread before hi-jacked by donuts.

Julynian's posts I found a little harsh on occasions but he did give good advice. Its a shame to loose any forum member who contributes expertise.

He allowed himself to get very upset in insurance thread and has flounced off ---maybe he will return....he could re invent himself.

Now breakfast..aah yes..tis Saturday, Donut Day...off to the zoo zoosmiley_offtopic.gif for day out with family.

Patty Ann, agree actually,and that was in line with my very early post, it was just this thread started to turn into a general cat fight.

Donuts were a good diversion and made life a bit sweeter

just checked.....post# 47

Edited by John V

Donuts lighten the mood and provide a little light relief, I got "shouted" at for being in agreement with someone that Julynian was a useful contributer, yes on occasions I've had spats (had one with Julynian too) but do not feel I'm a cyber bully or any other such thing. Many of us just tell it how it is and get condemnd for doing so there seems to be a group of people who confuse forthright, outspoken and frank posts with bullying, my advice to them is to get out more often.

Phil

Dead right Phil....It was your post I think my #47 was agreeing with......When I first joined I got jumped on for inaccurate posting (and with my record of misreading things another pounce is probably overdue) I sat back for a day or so, thought about it, decided it's a fairly rumbustious playground argue.gif but it is virtual and keeping a dictionary handy and a close eye on punctuation, plunged back in.smile.png

Donuts lighten the mood and provide a little light relief, I got "shouted" at for being in agreement with someone that Julynian was a useful contributer, yes on occasions I've had spats (had one with Julynian too) but do not feel I'm a cyber bully or any other such thing. Many of us just tell it how it is and get condemnd for doing so there seems to be a group of people who confuse forthright, outspoken and frank posts with bullying, my advice to them is to get out more often.

Phil

I had to actually have a 'Double Take' at this

post,

Don't actually know what the roots of this relates to, but can say with a certain amount of conviction that imo, Sir Phil would certainly be

one of the last people I would have ever thought that anyone would suspect of being some sort

of cyber bully, & is often the First member to welcome New members, & tries to contribute

useful information to a wide variety of Boards. So I found this surprising.

(Phil,,, Hi ya matey, Have you checked your sugar levels lately if you found that you was a cranky old sod one day, I done mine & the results came with a Iced Donut,,,I check it 8 times a day now, !)

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

Do you know what? I don't like doughnuts, donuts.sick.gif

I prefer a Danish Pastry.smile.png

We are a very inclusive bunch, most of us will have great sympathy for someone so afflicted and not mock. Many of us in fact welcome such diverse faiths. Others I am afraid, are not as nice and will not refrain from turning away and sniggering

All this has resulted from hostile comments made by a few people in an earlier discussion. Time and time again we have people being offensive. Perhaps we should be giving stroppy people the doughnut treatment as soon as they start to be rude. biggrin.png

If only people understood that as soon as you get stroppy you lose respect and lose the argument.

• Greenie 1

All this has resulted from hostile comments made by a few people in an earlier discussion. Time and time again we have people being offensive. Perhaps we should be giving stroppy people the doughnut treatment as soon as they start to be rude. biggrin.png

If only people understood that as soon as you get stroppy you lose respect and lose the argument.

The problem is that some people's 'stroppy' meter has a very low default detection level. It's one thing to say it's OK to 'dish' out (virtual) donuts when people get 'stroppy' but then all that happens is that true and proper (sometimes robust) debate gets stifled.

We can all dance around each other patting each other on the back spouting what good eggs we all are but that is hardly conducive to a good lively internet discussion forum.

(By way of proof of what I am saying - I'm sure some reading this post will consider it 'stroppy')

Edited by The Dog House

(By way of proof of what I am saying - I'm sure some reading this post will consider it 'stroppy')

TBH TDH more GOG......(grumpy old git)......You are right though there are some sensitive flowers around but sometimes when some posters begin to get really fired up (and yes you can be one of them) it becomes uncomfortable for even some of the more thick skinned among us. Bringing in the jokes be they donut or other does help calm it down a bit

• Greenie 1