What's happened to Julynian?

George94

Featured Posts

What am I missing here?

The reason it has been suggested that a boat should be scrapped before a licence is reissued for a new one is something to do with overcrowding. I am moored on the main gateway between North and South it is August and last weekend was bank holiday weekend, today 3 boats have gone past and yesterday 5 boats. As someone who spends all winter on the canals I sometimes go almost weeks without another boat going past.

. I love winter for exactly those reasons will probably spend twice as much time on the boat in winter than summer plus I seem to be a bit less busy

And what is wrong with that?

Owning an Aston Martin is also something loads of peeps want to do, but is only available to peeps with the money to pay for their desired hobby. Why should boating be any different?

MtB

Mainly two things. One many ordinary people (perhaps the bulk of this forum) may be priced out and second the canals would become even more neglected and tow path orientated leading eventually to their demise.

Neglected because fewer boats would reduce CRT income and also with fewer boats CRT would perhaps feel that the people on the towpath were more important particularly as a source of income to replace that lost by fewer boaters.

What am I missing here?

The reason it has been suggested that a boat should be scrapped before a licence is reissued for a new one is something to do with overcrowding. I am moored on the main gateway between North and South it is August and last weekend was bank holiday weekend, today 3 boats have gone past and yesterday 5 boats. As someone who spends all winter on the canals I sometimes go almost weeks without another boat going past.

ICE? rolleyes.gif

Can't you just take consolation from the Mango doctrine?

unsure.png

And what is wrong with that?

Owning an Aston Martin is also something loads of peeps want to do, but is only available to peeps with the money to pay for their desired hobby. Why should boating be any different?

MtB

I dare say the same applies to getting their boiler fixed biggrin.png

Mainly two things. One many ordinary people (perhaps the bulk of this forum) may be priced out and second the canals would become even more neglected and tow path orientated leading eventually to their demise.

Neglected because fewer boats would reduce CRT income and also with fewer boats CRT would perhaps feel that the people on the towpath were more important particularly as a source of income to replace that lost by fewer boaters.

Who mentioned fewer boats?

I only suggested limiting the existing stock, which will probably have tripled to about 100,000 by the time my proposal gets taken seriously by those in authority.

MtB

Sorry i have to put in a non-valid post in order to see whats going on. Issues around phone software compatibility

Otherwise i have to wade through all the other non valid sweetmeat related posts which cause me untold harm on account of me not being able to eat much due to some sort of disorder (doctor thinks i am anorexic but i am not)

:lol:

Sorry to interfere

Julynian was planning quite an interesting generator system 12v thing with a little ex-mobile-traffic-light kubota diesel oc60 or something but don't know if he/she ever finished it. Would be a handy little unit on an off-grid boat :)

Oak cakes??

For the fire?

I have seen an Ice cream boat and a cafe boat selling Tea, there is even one doing Oak cakes but I have yet to see one selling doughnuts. I almost said doing doughnuts but that would have been wrong.

AAHHH! a business opportunity

I have seen an Ice cream boat and a cafe boat selling Tea, there is even one doing Oak cakes but I have yet to see one selling doughnuts. I almost said doing doughnuts but that would have been wrong.

Yes, they couldn't exactly be sold as 'Hand' made Donut rings then could they !.sick.gif

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2