Beacon Boats Ltd. A sad day.

Ally

Featured Posts

That is indeed very sad but with a positive note that Beacon has been able to close down in such a controlled manner which is a great credit to you and all concerned.

We haven't met but on several occasions you've helped me with questions and answers over the dreaded RCD via CWDF threads and PMs so once again thank you for that!

I used to enjoy reading Gary Peacock's words of advice from Ledgard Bridge Boats - you filled his shoes on here when he and they left the scene.

I hope you will stick around on here at least and wish you all the best in whatever follows for you in future.

Richard

So sorry to read this, Ally, especially since you'd got so much work lined up. Willow Too was a great boat at a great probe, and a good advert for your workmanship. I'm sure someone with your skills will find another outlet for them.

Very nicely put, G&F.

I take my hat off to Ally too, especially for returning all the deposits on hand. A stark contrast with the business ethics of The marina where I understand Beacon boats were launched.

MtB

Yes definitely

So sad to hear this news. Wishing you well for the future at what must be a very difficult time.

Beacon boats would definitely have been at the top of our list if we were looking for a new boat and we thoroughly enjoyed following the build of your boats - particularly when we were fitting ours out. It's testament to the quality and integrity of the work you carried out that not only were you booked up until 2016 but that all boats you built are still with their original owners.

The honesty with which you closed the business, paying off all debts and honoring warranties is something to be proud of and many other businesses should take note.

Best wishes to you and those around you at this difficult time.

Tom

I am sorry to hear this Ally, I know how hard you both worked to produce sound, quality boats your customers are proud of. It's a shame more businesses do not conduct themselves with the honesty and integrity Beacon Boats have done.

I wish you luck in whatever your next venture is and best wishes to your brother in law.

Walk away with your heads held high - what a dignified way to close a business. We hope that new doors will open for you through which you will find something as satisfying as Beacon Boats.As always we will be looking out for you and your boats around the area.

All the best to you, Neil and your entourage including Marc and Puppeh!!

Margaret and Richard

Sorry to hear that you have wound up, but you are definitely going out on a high note.

I suspect that you will be spotting your past boats all around the cut for many decades to come, and I am sure you will find an awesome job to take the place of your current work, without all of the stress involved of being the boss. :)

A big huggle from me Ally, especially for you and Neil and the rest of the family xx

As you know sometimes in life we just have to let go and move on, you both have left a good legacy..lovely boats and happy customers so be proud girl as you did good xx

Things will soon start to feel a lot better, you know this my lovely friend ..so just you stay strong xx

• Greenie 1

As the owner of Beacon's 13th creation, we are both so very sad at the news. The honesty and integrity of you both made the build process pure pleasure. We have a cracking boat. Thank's to both of you.

Good luck Ally, I am sure your skills will be welcomed elsewhere within the boating community. Wishing Neil all the very best.

Love

John & Ali.

Ally, it is a sad day, but the first day of the future for you.

We have passed Beacon Boats excellent offerings all over the system and they do stand out and are obviously loved by their respective owners - there cannot be another boatbuilder with every boat still with original owner.

We have enjoyed several launch days with you and Neil, (along with your fantastic owners weekend last September )and all have been splendidly organised, the next boat owners in line coming to see what will happen in six months time as their new hull is pushed into the fitting out shed.

All we can say is, best of health for Neil, and good luck for whatever venture you find yourself in next - I am sure it will not be long in coming.

Kathy and Matty

video tribute of Sussex Punch going in and Willow 2 entering the den of Beaconfection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhtjstABED0

also a tribute to the skills of Vic/Viv (depends on who you listen to) the painter of these two boats and the latest boat who has also had health problems this year.

Edited by matty40s

Thank you to you all for your encouraging thoughts and words. A tear hit my eye reading through,(and I've held it together so well through launch day!) and watching Matty's pictures. Gosh that was a very bright boat! a very cold day too :)

It's been a difficult few months, but I was determined to see it through to an appropriate end, though sorry to the last customers...who have been fabulously understanding.... That they received their boat late. That was a first too.

Its good to know people recognise our boats, (some boats more than others perhaps), and have positive thoughts about them, though not to everyone's taste, they were all unique and much loved.

The Gathering last September was memorable. Nearly all customers attended, and I am so glad we got around to that before all the health problems occurred. Matty is quite right, I was ringing 999 for our painter also, early December.

All's well that ends well though....time to move to whatever life has waiting for me next...and hopefully I will come across some of our builds as we cruise.

So...ERM....anyone looking for staff????

My next thread of course, as I clear the workshop, just might be a few items in the for sale section!! Self builders or workshop owners...keep an eye out!

Again, thank you all for the supportive posts.

Ally

One of our customers has just informed us of the news. Sorry to hear that you’ve decided to call it a day Ally – I’ve seen a number of boats around the area and they’ve all looked stunning, so it’s a sad loss to the industry.

The fact that you made a success of the business through the difficult economic times, and then closed in a planned and structured way illustrates your strengths as an entrepreneur – so well done to you and your team, and here’s to new adventures and horizons

Wishing you all the best

Justin.

Ally, I have no doubt that you will continue to be a success in life. But my heart goes out to your brother-in-law. It really sucks when you have to deal with health problems. You want to work, but you can't, and you have to worry about your health and your finances and your future and it seems like troubles just come down on you like a tonne of bricks...

Anyway, I hope he is bearing up through all this. Such tribulations can be hard on the body and soul. If I was the praying sort, I'd say a little prayer for your brother-in-law. Since I'm not the praying type, best I can do is send some good wishes and positive energy your way.